California-San Diego

Desparate bride

So I have been working with RB inn for the last 2.5 month.  This entire time she told me not to worry about the contract as she will let me know if someone else is interested.  She finally needed a signed contract.  She gave me the contract a little over a week ago and when it came over it was completely different than what we had verbally agreed on.  

Of course she had to revise it several times before it was acceptable to sign and as I was about to sign the contract they pull the plug.  Just like that with no warning. 

I've tried talking to them but they released the date to someone else who will bring them more revenue.  I can't believe they would do something like this.  I spent the entire day crying over this, but know that I have to get moving on it today.  It's just so wrong, but I know everything is about money in this world.

I'm 6 months away from my wedding and I need help finding a venue that will fit 400 guests and allow outside catering.  Any suggestions?  It needs to be in San Diego as well. 

Thanks

Re: Desparate bride

• edited December 2011
    Marina Village I think has a room that might hold that many, but in that particular room, I think you have to use their particular caterer. I cannot recall the name right now, but it has gotten good reviews. I know Marina Village has a completely different look than RB Inn, but I think it would be less expensive than RB so you could spend more on decorations. Hopefully some more ladies will have some other ideas for you!
  • edited December 2011
    The Thursday Club in point loma allows you to bring in outside catering and it shoudl be able to hold that many people. It's a really nice venue and it has a nice view also.
  • futureEcubedfutureEcubed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Old Richland Schoolhouse in San Marcos. I am not sure if they can fit that many....  but I do know they allow outside catering. 

good luck!
    image November 2011 Siggy: Cake!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards