California-San Diego

Rehearsal dinner budget

What is a reasonable budget for rehearsal dinner for about 25 people?  Thinking something fun and casual.  Thank you!

Re: Rehearsal dinner budget

• edited December 2011
    I cant really tell you what is reasonable because every one has different budgets but just to give you a ball park I am spending a thousand dollars for thirty people at a fairly upscale place, you can do it for much less if your looking for casual. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm spending about $500 for about 25 people at a nice italian restaurant but we are ordering pizza and beer/wine is not included. 
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our club house, which was $200.  Then found catering for $6 a person, then drinks on top of it.  We were free to roam around the club house grounds, pool, fire pits, and stay as long as we wanted.  It was great because we had a lot of family and friends from out of town. 
  • edited December 2011

I was on a budget as well. I got married at the San Diego County Administration Bldg. The ceremony was performed on the front lawn facing the ocean. I was able to have my dress, flowers, photographer, and all the guests I wanted since it was outdoors. And only cost us $105 (cost of license and ceremony) to get married there! We then had our reception in a nice patio banquet room at a Mexican Restaurant. The bakery had our wedding cake delivered to the restaurant. It all worked out perfect and was in our budget! Our guests thought it was a great wedding!

• MonciaanneMonciaanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am spending between $1000-2000 for 30 peopl at an upscale place.  For me this range seemed to be the norm and not all of the places I looked at were upscale but they had room rental fees which I didn't like that I would paying for food and to rent a room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards