California-San Diego
Options

Addressing envelopes, how are you doing it?

Hi ladies,

I'm having a hard time deciding how to address my Save The Dates, are you using labels (too impersonal?) or are you hand writing them?  I can't afford calligraphy so just wondering what the norm out there is. 

Re: Addressing envelopes, how are you doing it?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I printed by hand.
  • Options
    megan_glaciermegan_glacier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using labels on save the dates because I have to get them out quickly. But for actual invites I was going to hand write on the inside envelope and still considering labels for the outer envelopes. I know it's less personal, but the outside is the part the post office needs to be able to read and I'm thinking of keeping that part as clean and neat as possible.

I was going to use a family member with great writing to keep with my casual invites. But I'm still not totally sure either
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hand-wrote them with some of my girl-friends in town (I took them out for Margaritas after they were done)!  
    ~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used labels because I was swamped with starting a new job, fiance in hospital, moving, and taking care of his daughters...
    I am in the process of hand writing envelopes to my invites now. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  I think I'll handwrite them and ask for help from my bridesmaids!  :)
  • Options
    bmd14bmd14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I hand addressed everything with a calligraphy pen and had return addres labels  printed.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could cheat..use labels but use a nice script or calligraphy font...I used clear labels on my save the dates and I'm going to handwrite the inner envelopes and label the outer
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards