California-San Diego

Honeymooning in San Diego!!

Hi everyone! I will be going on my honeymoon in June of 2011 to San Diego and I was just wondering if any locals had any suggestions for where to go or romantic things to do there!

My fiance and I have already been there twice, but both trips were mostly just going to the Zoo, Seaworld, and the Wild Animal Park. We'll of course go to the San Diego Zoo again (it's where he proposed!) but if anyone can suggest some good restaurants, or a nice hotel, or any honeymoon-like activities, I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Re: Honeymooning in San Diego!!

• wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First question--will you have a rental car?  As you know, you can't go many places without a car.....

I love Balboa Park--next to the zoo.  You can have a great picnic there.

My favorite beach is La Jolla Shores. I also love the La Jolla Shores hotel--it's right on the beach. They have a great restaurant in there called The Shores.  Piatti's restaurant is italian and a block away.

The Brockton Villa in La Jolla has great brunch.

My husband and I recently had and AMAZING dinner at 3rd Corner Bistro in Ocean Beach.  

The Hornblower dinner cruises are nice.  The view is great--food is so-so, but it's the experience that is fun.  They also have 2 hour harbor tours that are less expensive, and give you a lot of info about san diego.

I've heard the Trolley tours are fun.  
    Do you like the ocean?  Kayaking in Mission Bay or La Jolla is fun.

Sign up to get the daily san diego Groupon--that way you could purchase fun things to do for your time here at a lower cost.  We also have daily deals through other sites such as:
    LivingSocial
    ReaderSteals

You could also look into the site XperienceDays.com.  

Just Google all the above info.......
    hope this gets you started!
  • dakotasocr5dakotasocr5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coronado is my all-time favorite place in San Diego. It's over the big blue bridge and it's an island paradise. It has a beautiful public golf course that is a good deal if the two of you like to golf. You can rent bicycles and ride around the island. My favorite restaurant is there too; it's called Miguels and it's across the street from the Hotel Del Coronado. It has delicious Mexican food. Speaking of the Del, if you want to spoil yourself, spend a few nights there. The hotel is located on the beach and has a beautiful view of the ocean and Point Loma. In front of the Del there are daily surf lessons offered to aspiring surfers. They hook you up with a board and a wet suit!

If you have a car, driving up the freeway to La Jolla and hanging out in that small town is fun as well. It's more high end and ritzy, but it sits overlooking the beach. Torrey Pines is along the beach and has lovely hiking trails.

I used to live in the Little Italy section of downtown San Diego and love the night life. The Gaslamp quarter has tons of restaurants and bars ranging from Italian, seafood, Spanish tapas, and Sushi. 
  • edited December 2011
    My favorite spot is overlooking the bay, on Coronado. FH has house right there, and we shared some special moments on the sand looking at the skyline and the peaceful water of the bay. I really love that spot. Other than that, Balboa park is lovely. mmm Nobu is my favorite restaurant, it has fun recipes every time I go. However, it's kind of commercialized. There's so many great restaurants...it's hard to choose. mmm Hungry thinking about it. 
  • augusaaugusa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    keep an eye out from groupon or similar website deals for hot air balloon rides in temecula.  Usually can find a discounted ticket for about 100$ each, very romantic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards