California-San Diego

How much are you paying PER PERSON for catering?

I found a catering company that a girl at work referred, and after looking at the prices, I don't know how good of a deal I am getting. I would prefer to have pretty decent food (I don't want to make it ourselves), but I don't require that it is over the top awesome. The general price for food through this company is 2 entrees (one beef, one chicken.. both simple but nice enough) + One Vegetable + One Side (potatoes/rice/etc) + 3 Salads + Bread and 2 beverages (tea, lemonade, punch). The cost for this is $20.00 a person. We will also be paying an extra $4.00 per guest for full china, linens, flatwear and waitstaff (not sure how many servers). The waitstaff will wait on guests, clear dishes from tables, fill drinks and cut/serve cake. When I did the math, it ended up being cheaper to add the $4.00 per person for all of that than going through an outside company. The outside rentals company was going to charge us $480 for the same thing we got for $400..PLUS we get the waitstaff. Am I crazy, or does this sound like a really good deal? How much are you all paying per person?

Photobucket

TTC Buddies with Becca050110, mischiefmanaging, Renee1105 & Shortie24!

TTC Since Jan 2012 Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: How much are you paying PER PERSON for catering?

• edited December 2011
    $20 pp is pretty good.  is this for a buffet?  have you tasted the food?  there is no cake cutting fee?  has the company been around for a while?  i work in food and beverage, and yes $24.00 a head is a deal.  i'm curious to know how the food tastes and what the china, flatware and linens look like.
  • edited December 2011
    $24/head is quite a deal! I am super dee duper jealous!!! I don't even want to share how much I am paying per head! LOL. :-)
  • kjhharriskjhharris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $27 per person prior to staffing, tax, and service fees.  Total ends up being $65 per person after all the fees.  Bar is separate.
  • MonciaanneMonciaanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think if you're in the $20 range that is really good.  I think it may be difficult to find a caterer is willing to go less than that.

• frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What company is this, if you don't mind me asking.  

For our wedding we found a restaurant that did catering and their prices were pretty similar to what you are listing here.  For the record, we paid a lot less than a lot of other people I know who got married recently, and I could not have been happier with the quality of the food and the service we got the days leading up to and day of the wedding.  Feel free to private message me if you want :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards