California-San Diego

destination wedding reception location

my fiance and i live in seattle and our family lives in the ohio/michigan area so we are considering destination wedding in san diego and need some ideas on reception venues.  we are looking for something inexpensive but with some character.  we'd love to find something we can bring in vendors to save $$.  given its a long distance for many, i'd guess we'll have no more than 40-50 guests.  any suggestions?  your help is very much appreciated as we are not very familiar with the area! 

Re: destination wedding reception location

• Cbarajas08Cbarajas08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marina Village is on the water and I believe they allow you to bring in your own vendors!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out herecomestheguide.com  They give a lot of pricing info on venues and let you know if you can bring your own vendors to the venue.  I'm doing a DW in San Diego, too, and this is how I narrowed down my venue choices before visiting them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  AllyG, do you mind if I ask where your reception is? 
  • AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina.  It made the most sense since we wanted an outdoor or indoor/outdoor reception.  We decided not to do a fully outdoor since San Diego laws say amplified music has to end at 10pm...which we didn't want a reception that only went until 10.  So we have a ballroom with doors all along one side that open to a terrace over the harbor.  We also liked it since the airport was close and they have a shuttle that will pick all of our guests up as they arrive.  Also, our guests won't have to worry about lodging either since they will be able to stay there if they choose. 

The catering manager that helps with all of the wedding stuff is also very nice and gets back to emails REALLY quick.  Food, cake, table linens, chair covers, votives for the tables, sound system for the ceremony and day of coordination are all included.  We also got a significant discount on the alcohol. 

They ARE willing to take stuff out of their packages and replace them with different things or take the money off of the package if you want a little more customization. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Jaquelyn Mendoza. Here prices are reasonable and you just show up. She helps you choose the vendors for wedding and reception. I am using her and she has been great so far.

acarefreeevent.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards