California-San Diego

XP: Where to stay in San Diego

FI and I are talking about taking a "mini-moon" to San Diego after our wedding in June, and I've checked past threads but not really seen anything on where to stay. 
We are mostly looking to hang out on the beach and not really spend a ton, like maybe under $1000.
Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be San Diego, but I've never been anywhere else in CA so if someone knows a good beach town, feel free to recommend!!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Where to stay in San Diego

• what kind of place are you looking for? also, how many nights.

I always end up recommending the same place to people for the beach - if you book Tower23 (<-- click) early enough you can get really reasonable rates. It's a really nice hotel. It's right on the beach in Pacific Beach - and once in PB you can walk to all kinds of bars, restaurants, and some shopping. It's the most "beach town-y" area. My FH and I are staying there the night after our wedding. I just noticed you are in June though, so it might be pricier.

If you want something more quiet, relaxing, then you can look at something in downtown La Jolla - this is more upscale so everything is pricier around there - but it's also a bit nicer area (quieter).
  • One of my favorite areas in San Diego is Ocean Beach.  There are a few laid back hotels right by the water so the view can't be beat: The OB Hotel (http://obhotel.com/) or the other place I love is the Inn at Sunset Cliffs (http://innatsunsetcliffs.com/).  OB is a great place to hang out at the beach with plenty of fun bars nearby (we can't drink at our beaches or parks, anymore).  

If you're looking for someplace outside SD, Santa Barbara is beautiful and I believe there is a fair amount of wine tasting in the area.  If you just want to relax and nothing more, check out Palm Springs (although it would be HOT out there in the summer).

Happy travels! 
  • i would recommend into looking at Paradise Point resort in San Diego. I'm getting married there in July. The resort is set out over 26 acres, with rooms overlooking mission bay. They have gorgeous grounds there that make you feel like you are in Hawaii. They have bike rentals, mini golf course, smores you can cook in firepits outside your rooms, boat rentals, etc. It is a couple min drive to Mission Beach and is right down the street from Sea World. Rooms for our wedding weekend are $250/night for guests.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards