California-San Diego

Best beaches for a sunset wedding????

I am from PA. I am planning my wedding on a beach in Southern California, the Oceanside area.
I have no idea when the best weather months are in SoCal, and I also don't know where the best sandy beaches are either to have a small wedding ceremony with some privacy.
There will be approximately 15 people at my wedding, including the wedding party, and I am having a very hard time locating an ACTUAL beach - with sand and waves - that could be a venue for this wedding.
I'm finding lots of resorts and stuff in the San Diego area, but I'd like to have an actual beachfront wedding at sunset, with vibrant colors in the sky and water with tiki torches, etc. :)
Please help me find a beach!!!Cool

Re: Best beaches for a sunset wedding????

• edited December 2011
    The Oceanside Pier area is the main beach. If you want a more intimate location try a little more south in Encinitas or Del Mar at 15th street. I think google earth could help you out too looking at these places online
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of beaches in San Diego don't allow weddings on the beach.  Especially in the summer--it's just too crowded.

If you are interested in going farther south than Oceanside, I believe you can have a wedding on the sand in Coronado.

Otherwise, there are some great grassy parks next to the sand--Powerhouse Park in Del Mar, Cuvier Park in La Jolla (also known as the Wedding Bowl), Kellogg Park in La Jolla.  If you go to the Parks and Rec website of San Diego, you can find permit information on those locations.  
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recomend Cuvier Park.  I have seen a couple of weddings here and I hang out on the beach often and I think the location is beautiful.  http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/parks/shoreline/cuvier.shtml

here is a link to a couple of other beach locations: http://www.sandiegovows.com/wedding-locations.htm
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know beaches in North County, but want to recommend that you come in September!  It's so beautiful in San Diego in September and so great at the beach because it's still warm, all the kids are back in school, the beach isn't crowded with tourists and your hotel rates will be cheaper.

I'm also looking for a beach ceremony & reception site, but there aren't many for 200 guests... so we might end up on grass or a patio instead.  :-)

I'll post again if I come up with anything that sounds like you!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    engaged on 5/29/11... Kelly & Andy to be married -- September 29, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    This site might help with other things, but the beach is in Coronado (much further south than Oceanside, at least a 45 minute drive)

http://sdofficiant.com/weddingPackages.html
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    engaged on 5/29/11... Kelly & Andy to be married -- September 29, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards