California-San Diego

Temecula Wine Tasting

Hi Ladies,
I'm trying to plan a bachelorette party for my best friend and was hoping that one of you could give me recommendations for wine tasting in Temecula. Where did you go? What company did you go through and any other info you can provide?

Thanks so much. Hope your all enjoying the beautiful day Cool
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Temecula Wine Tasting

• edited December 2011
    We went last summer for our first anniversary and used The Grapeline (<-- link). We had a great time! By coincidence, all of the couples but one were also celebrating their anniversary. If you had enough girls, you could fill up a regular shuttle, although they also do private shuttles. I believe we went to 4 wineries--Wiens, Wilson Creek, Mount Palomar, Callaway (the tour company picks them)--and we did the one where lunch was included. We were given plenty of tasting tickets, so many that I didn't even use all of mine. They have a few pickup spots in San Diego/North County and several pickups from hotels in Temecula. You also get a discount pass to use, if you want to by some bottles of wine. I know there are limo companies that will do tours too, but I don't have any experience with them. Maybe some of the other ladies here have? Good luck and have fun!
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    My favorite winery in Temecula is Ponte, it is delicious! Thornton is fun because you can sit their patio and they have large tastings. When I went there for my friends bachelorette party the took us to a private upstairs tasting room, you can call and ask about that. If you are doing a scavenger hunt for her you can take her to Longshadow for something called a "boot shooter," its a piece of chocolate in the shape of a boot and they put port in it (fun). There is a newer winery there called Monte de Oro, its beautiful, has a large tasting room and a large patio area.

Hope that helps to start.
    Anniversary
  • sunflour42sunflour42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We recently did an 8 person winery tour.  We rented a 10 passenger limo from Skyy Limo for 7 hours and went to 4 wineries of our choice.  It worked out to $125 per person plus the picnic lunch we brought.

Skyy Limo will let you choose the wineries that you go to and can make recommendations.  I believe that they require a 5 more minimum booking.  We were happy we chose 7.

Wilson's Creek - this was the definitive group favorite.  $12 for 5 tastings
    Maurice Carrie & Van Roeckel - sister wineries; $15 for 5 tastings at each winery & a souvenir glass from each.  Very good and we'd all be happy to go back.
    Longshadow Ranch - this was the "redneck" winery by far.  We wouldn't return to it.  With 8 of us all having different wine preferences, no one found something that they truly liked.  Their souvenir glasses are the huge size though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards