California-San Diego

beach wedding location ?

I'm planning a small (15ish or less) beach wedding on 10-11-12.  It's a destination wedding for us.  I know nothing about San Diego, we just thought it'd be a pretty place for a sunset wedding.  Can anyone familiar with the area point me in the right direction of a good company to go through? I've looked at several websites, but I'm a little overwhelmed.  Are there any where we can bring our own minister?  ANY HELP OR ADVICE is appreciated!

Thanks

Re: beach wedding location ?

• Yes.. I agree check the City of San Diego Parks & Rec...

I'm getting married at Luscombs Park and they allow up to 150 peopl at that locaiton. But it's $275 to get the permit

However.. you should know that you can get married at most beach locations, and even at other parts of Sunset Cliffs without a permit if your entire party is less than 20/25 people.  I found this information when I was researching my own and was jealous that I can have a smaller wedding! LOL

You can have your own minister as well.  There was also a company I found that does planned "spontaneous" weddings for groups that size and they had other options they included like photographs and such...

Let me know if you are interested in this route and I can try to track down the things I found when I was first doing my research :)

Good luck!
    June Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Carajanel, did you have to go through the whole "lottery" thing to reserve Luscombs Park? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will check out the Park and Recs site!  And yes...Carajanel if you run across the company that you spoke about I'd love to check it out!  Thanks!!
  • I just checked on the park and rec site.  The wedding bowl is available the date we're looking at. I think I want something ON the beach, but it is a gorgeous location for sure. Is it close enough to the beach for pictures on the beach?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_beach-wedding-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:9c3c1d92-af43-4b75-8fbe-fd62a60f6ab9Post:a13d744c-ab9f-4803-8893-914806290f69">Re: beach wedding location ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just checked on the park and rec site.  The wedding bowl is available the date we're looking at. I think I want something ON the beach, but it is a gorgeous location for sure. Is it close enough to the beach for pictures on the beach?
    Posted by bsgckmj[/QUOTE]

<div>I do not think there is a beach within walking distance. La Jolla Shores is a short drive away - one of San Diego's nicer beaches in my opinion, but it does get pretty crowded sometimes.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you find some nice locations on the beach, please let me know! I'm on the lookout as well. :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married on Coronado Island outside of the Hotel Del.  It is a really beautiful location and the iconic hotel is in the background of some wedding photos.  It is a husband/wife team and they will take photos for 3 hours, she customizes everything to meet your every expectation.  On Facebook, if you search Aline Rozok Beack Weddings you should be able to find her.  No permit necessary for under 25 people, and her packages start at $945.00 and up to $1995 (the one I'm doing because I have 40 people).  She is truly awesome and I really did my research and talked to her past brides before booking.  Good Luck!!

http://www.sdofficiant.com
    http://www.facebook.com/specialbeachweddings
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out the Union Pacific Pocket Park at the La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art (http://www.mcasd.org/sites/default/files/files/11EVS003_La%20Jolla%20Rental%20Brochure_Dec2011-2.pdf).  We would have gone with that location if we had a smaller guest list.
  • have you looked into north county locations? I love the encinitas area.  Moonlight beach is a really cute area. In encinitas there are tons of restaurants you could go to after if you are planning on doing some celebrating :)
    We are doing Luscombs point which is really pretty but its not on the sand which it sounds like you want. Its on a cliff and its a dirt walkway :)

Good luck!
  • carajanel and tammyencinas, I would love to hear about your experience with booking Luscombs Point (i.e. the whole "lottery" thing - we have not gone through it yet as our wedding is in June 2013) and also about your plans for set-up of the actual site. Luscombs Point is FI and my top pick for our ceremony site. We have been there many times but yesterday we went to check it out with a "planning" eye. How many guests will you have? Are you planning to rent chairs or have an arbor? What time of day is your ceremony? Where will you set up and what direction will you be facing? I would just like to hear about what other brides are doing there, and get some helpful tips/input on attending the drawing/reserving the spot.  :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tammyencinastammyencinas member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    What do you mean by lottery? I just called the parks and rec and they send me a tentative permit and i sent the check in. :)

Im going to rent chairs and have an arch. Not sure exactly what way to face. Im thinking a couple days before I will go and see how the sun is facing at that time of day and face the opposite way ;) I think our ceremony is going to start at 330 but not exactly sure
    oh and we are having 150 at the ceremony but more at the reception :) you can only permit for 150 at the site.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards