California-San Diego
Options

Hotel Del

Since the age of 8 I've said I'm going to get married at the Del in Coronado.  Well now I'm not sure it really fits my budget.  Does anybody know the price range?  Obviously things can get extremely lavish there, but I'm going for your average cost.  I don't want to get my hopes up for my dream wedding so any help would be great! Also, I've seen the price list on the website, but I've been told that's not entirely accurate.

Re: Hotel Del

• Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you fill out the questionaire page and send it to them to get some more specific info?  I saw the Wedding 2011 pricing guide PDF on their website--I would take those numbers as accurate.  When I was planning my wedding and a venue had one of the those, they did not differ from those prices when I spoke to people on the phone.  My venue I chose (La Jolla Shores Hotel) had a pricing guide PDF, and it was 100% accurate when it came to the final costs.  The event manager used those exact numbers every time they did a estimate.

The Hotel Del is expected to be very expensive.  Perhaps you can do your wedding on the beach close, then a reception at another location.  I know Loews Coronado Resort hosts weddings as well.  Coronado Community Center is also a beautiful option.
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a San Diego wedding magazine that had average pricing per person for a bunch of different venues.  I believe that one was $250-300+ per person.  The pricing in the magazine was pretty accurate for the venues that I checked out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    amarinelli1amarinelli1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married on Coronado South beach over the weekend.  Our ceremony was just to the south of the Hotel Del.  After the ceremony we took lots of beach pictures, then went onto the Del grounds & inside the Del for more pictures.  We then had our reception at Chez Loma nearby.  We originally planned to have our reception at the Del, but found their employees to not be very accommodating.  Perhaps something like this would let you have your "Hotel Del" wedding, but at a more flexible price point.

Officiant, photographer & flowers- Renate Daversa at www.abeautifulwedding.com (rendaversa@gmail.com) Renate not only officiated our wedding ceremony, she also made all of our flowers & scheduled our photographer.  Renate suggested Coronado South beach for the ceremony & it was wonderful.  In each picture I've seen so far, there are no random strangers walking through so it was rather private for a public beach.  We went to a Del wedding a couple of years ago on the beach in front of the hotel & it was much more crowded with strangers.

Reception- Chez Loma French Bistro Coronado Island.  Amazing food, well priced, accommodated vegetarians & children on our personalized menu. Our servers were great as well. http://chezloma.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards