California-San Diego

Scripps seaside forum

Hi Ladies! Has anyone chosen Scripps Seaside Forum for ceremony/reception? I'm wondering the pros and cons and estimated cost (number of people). Thanks!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Scripps seaside forum

• LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kay!
    Did you check out Scripps? Isn't it beautiful? :) I'm not sure if this link will work but Concepts Event Design does an awesome pipe and drape with lighting there if you're interested in covering up the "auditorium". If the link doesn't work, check out Concepts Event Design on Facebook and it's just a few posts down:

I've worked there before but don't know about costs etc. so can't speak to that so sorry for the kind of random post here. :)
  • kay136kay136 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Omg that pic is beautiful! They did a great job. Do you work for them? Perhaps I should call and get a quote on pricing.

It's soo pretty there I loved it when I went to visit.

So many decisions!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool! I'm glad you liked it. I'm a wedding photographer. Bride first and foremost. :) I joined TK to get help planning my wedding that happened on 10/16 and realized I had some decent input since I've seen so much from working weddings over the years. So I'm still lurking around.. I guess I'm not over my wedding yet lol. Anyway, I'm friends with Concepts on FB and when I saw them post that pic I wanted to share it with you!
  • kay136kay136 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding! Where did you have it? Scripps seaside forum really is the perfect place but they have an approved caterers list and there is a certain caterer I want that's not on there. Trying to find the perfect place is rough!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Ours was at the Ultimate Skybox in downtown San Diego. They are the same way, they have a list of 15 caterers you are required to choose between. A lot of the nicer facilites are like that which makes sense but is annoying none the less. :\
  • Hi! We just got back from San Diego and decided to go w/ Scripps Seaside Forum for the Ceremony and WEddig...It just had EVERYTHING we wanted in a venue...ocean view, outdoor space...ability to bring in your own food/vendors (late night bites!) Im looking for more pics to get ideas so if you come across anything please share! When are you looking to get married? They are booked from Dec 1 2012 I think.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_scripps-seaside-forum?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:b6c9d7eb-378a-4079-a6c7-421eec4816b5Post:3a666990-7810-4f5e-8539-aaf7fe62a6f3">Re: Scripps seaside forum</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! We just got back from San Diego and decided to go w/ Scripps Seaside Forum for the Ceremony and WEddig...It just had EVERYTHING we wanted in a venue...ocean view, outdoor space...ability to bring in your own food/vendors (late night bites!) Im looking for more pics to get ideas so if you come across anything please share! When are you looking to get married? They are booked from Dec 1 2012 I think.
    Posted by tiffanypcharles[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi, I am curious about this venue. I want that room where it opens to the outside lawn, but I can't find the name of that room on their website <a rel="nofollow" href="http://sio.ucsd.edu/About/Venue_Rentals/Scripps_Forum/Rates_Capacities/">http://sio.ucsd.edu/About/Venue_Rentals/Scripps_Forum/Rates_Capacities/</a></div><div>
    </div><div>Do you know which room that is? Or do I rent the whole forum. (I suppose I could call and ask but I'm going to ask you first :) )</div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you!
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>****edit: nevermind, I think it's the Scripps Auditorium. Sorry for reviving an old thread. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards