California-San Diego

Help with Caterers!

I am in the begining stages of planning my outdoor wedding, and selecting a caterer is absolutely overwhelming me.  I need something on a small budget, but still want it to be yummy of course!  I would be open to Mexican, Italian, or maybe updated versions of comfort food.  Anyone have any ideas of good caterers in the SD area that are cheap?!

Re: Help with Caterers!

• edited December 2011
    HI!

We just got married in San Diego 2 weeks ago. We got married at Ferry Landing on the beach, just in front of Candelas On The Bay, where we had our reception. The food was fantastic!! Kim Maniero is the contact person there...very helpful and really good about helping you stick to your budget. The food, atmosphere, and view were spectacular. Anything else you need help with or recommendations for, just let me know! : )
  • bassgrl127bassgrl127 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If you're open to BBQ, check out Smokehouse Grills. It's a family owned place, and the owner (Ron) is really nice. They're doing our wedding this summer, and it's the only way we can afford to have the large guestlist we have!
  • kkeltnerkkeltner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buca Di Beppo, Panera Bread, Miguel's Cocina, Ranch Events, French Gourmet.  These are all lower to mid-end priced restaurants and caterers.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Ranch events and have seen other weddings where they are used. They do a fantastic job on a budget. We're doing the classic menu which includes 2 salads, 2 entree choices, 2 sides, rolls, water, lemonade, iced tea and all of the dishes/glassware for $18 per person. It's the cheapest I've seen for a catering company, but if you're okay with a restaurant doing your catering, I would recommend any of the ones in the previous posts. Ranch is also doing my cake for 130 people at about $400. 
    I've also seen that they have an Italian and Mexican menu, which I think were actually a few bucks cheaper per person. Best of luck planning.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you sooo much everyone!  These were great ideas to get me started!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards