California-San Diego
Options

Ceremony Music ideas?

Hi All,

I am getting married at the Bali Hai restaurant next April, and we have a bunch of the planning out of the way, but we aren't sure what we should do for ceremony music. We have an awesome DJ, so we can always just have him do the music, but I always kind of envisioned having live music for the ceremony. We are keeping with the islandy theme for flowers and colors (fuschia and green), but I think a ukelele is a little too over the top (plus I think my mom might kill me). What are you all doing for ceremony music around San Diego? I am thinking maybe stringed instruments, harp or guitar...
Amanda C.

Re: Ceremony Music ideas?

• Options
    LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in the Greek Orthodox church which doesn't allow us anything other than the organist. I was bummed about it at first because I imagined strings as well but at least it's one less thing for me to plan. I kind of like the idea of something tropical and fitting to your wedding theme although I'm sorry I don't have any recs since I was stopped immediately with the organist only situation. Good Luck! 
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really want steel drums.  I've looked at some websites, but haven't gotten around to calling anyone yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    golfergirl08golfergirl08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your ideas! I think we may actually go with a harpist, my fiance's idea. I didn't expect him to have much of an opinion on this but he really likes the idea. So we are going to go with that!
    Amanda C.
  • Options
    ssalomonssalomon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just curious who your DJ is?  I am just starting my search for both ceremony music (we are looking for a violinist) and reception DJ.  If you have a great one, I would love to know who it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards