California-San Diego
Options

Officiant

First time poster here !

We are getting married on August 9, 2013 at the Green Gables estate (fantastic outdoor venue in San Marcos, if you're still looking check this place out !) and are trying to find a good officiant. Darling fiance is Catholic, but because we aren't marrying in the church or on "holy ground" we can't have a preist/bishop/deacon to officiate. We would really like to keep some religion in the ceremony, so we're looking toward a pastor/minister, but we'd also like some humor mixed in their too as we're definitely not the serious or conservative types. And, sticking within the budget is a necessity too ;]

So if anyone has any good recommendations for an officiant in the San Diego county area, I'd love some referrals.

Happy planning fellow brides.

Re: Officiant

• Options
    Rev. Christopher Tuttle is AMAZING and really reasonable pricing too. He might already be booked (we booked him a year before our wedding) but you can try. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love my officiant. She is Catholic (I think) but open to all sorts of ceremonies. Excellent pricing and lots of options. She's Reverand Cathy:

http://www.ever-after-weddings.com/

Anniversary

• Options
    I second Rev. Tuttle. He is awesome!
  • Options
    Thanks Kay ! We met with him and he is great, I think we're going with him :] Appreciate the suggestion

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_officiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:be440f05-a7b1-4e28-85e7-71b7b7a3eeadPost:7154e26d-6ab2-4061-95d0-1f075fe6fb61">Re: Officiant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rev. Christopher Tuttle is AMAZING and really reasonable pricing too. He might already be booked (we booked him a year before our wedding) but you can try. Good luck!
    Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    We went with Rev. Don Toshach.  He was awesome and we had so many compliments on our ceremony.  We chose him over Christopher Tuttle because he seemed like he treated it less like a business transaction and more of a personal connection.  Granted, we weren't able to meet both in person, so we made our decision just by speaking to them over the phone.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards