California-San Diego
Options

help... spanish village OR candelas

Hi Ladies,

So my fiance and I have narrowed down the venue search to Candelas in Coronado and Spanish Village in Balboa Park for our August 2011 wedding.

Two COMPLETELY different venues and vibes.  can you offer and advice, have you had your wedding there? Positives, negatives... just seeing what the thoughts are out there.

Thank you!!

L

Re: help... spanish village OR candelas

• Options
    frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are planning on going with Spanish Village, I'd have a chat with the coordinator there... I know Balboa Park is having some issues right now with allowing alcohol to be served in outdoor areas of the park.  I'm getting married at a museum there, and they just informed us that we cannot allow alcohol on the patio unless the issue is resolved (favorably) by our wedding date.  She said one or two places in the park still allow it for the time being, but i'd double check!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to weddings in either spot, but have been to both venues. One thing that comes immediately to mind is privacy. Candelas would probably offer a lot more "private" reception, whereas the Spanish Village is in a much more public space and you might run the risk of strangers/tourists wandering by/through.
  • Options
    lagle22lagle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you ladies... all great points - good to know about the alcohol issue!!  Definitely a deal breaker.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards