California-San Diego
Options

Downtown/City-esque Reception

I'm planning my wedding for March 2012 and do not want a beach and/or garden ceremony and reception.  I was wondering if anyone had ideas for Downtown San Diego/ Gaslamp/ high rise/ city-centric type sites.  I've looked at the Ultimate Skybox at Diamondview Tower, but that's really the only lead I've had so far.  Any suggestions?  Thx!

Re: Downtown/City-esque Reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Omni
  • Options
    vinscenavinscena member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ultimate Skybox - Diamond View Tower
    The Andaz Hotel
    "Stay classy San Diego" - Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The El Cortez!!  You can have the ceremony on the back terrace and the reception in a beautiul ball room.  It is a historic hotel built in the 20's and the ballroom was fully restored.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another location that I've seen beautiful reception pictures for is The Grant. The Hyatt and Marriot downtown also have ballrooms and wedding packages.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Natural History Museum in Balboa Park does receptions on its roof.  Great views. 

The Hard Rock Hotel is another venue. 

I'd second the El Cortez.  The US Grant is awesome, but are no views from the reception areas. 

The Ivy downtown does rooftop receptions at their rooftop Bar/Lounge, Eden.

The Witherby downtown is a loft space.

And the old Wonder Bread Factory downtown supposedly will rent spaces for events....brick walls, exposed ceilings...very unique.  http://www.blokhausdevelopment.com/projects.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    alexlautanenalexlautanen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone for the great ideas!!  I ended up going with the Museum of Contemporary Art SD. The space is really nice, and small enough that I can get away with NOT inviting the entire family without looking like a jerk!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards