Ohio-Cincinnati

Where does the best man go?

Does the best man stand with the groom or walk with the MOH? I walked with the best man in my sister’s wedding but I have also read that he is supposed to stand with the groom. Is your best man walking with the MOH?

Re: Where does the best man go?

• edited December 2011
    Either way is fine. I've been in weddings where the grommsmen came out with the groom and waited for the ladies to walk up the aisle and been in weddings where the groomsmen walk with the ladies. Its totally up to you.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• ungraceful13ungraceful13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen both and also was in a wedding where the boys all stood at the front with the groom, us girls walked in alone and then walked out with the groomsmen.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen both too. At my informal, non-religious ceremony the BM and MOH walked in together. However, every Catholic wedding that I have attended (and I have a big Catholic family), the best man has stood with the groom and the MOH walked by herself. You can do whatever you want, but the location of the ceremony may suggest one way or the other which you would find out during the rehearsal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • abromanelloabromanello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have also seen both, but I prefer for the best man to stand with the groom, along with the other groomsmen.  The idea is that he's standing up for the groom on that day, so I like that he stands with the groom while the bridesmaids & bride proceed down the aisle.  But I think it is a matter of taste!  I've been in several Protestant weddings where the church wedding lady has sort of forced the BM & MOH to walk together - not at my wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards