California-San Diego

First things first- wedding planner? venue?

Hi,

Just engaged and we will be planning from out of town!  Can anyone recommend a good wedding planner who might be able to work with a budget and is fun?  Not sure if I will go for a planner or just a day of coordinator, but I only have a $10,000 budget.  Can anyone recommend someone with lots experience who doesn't cost too much?  I have found many new coordinators who charge good prices, but I would like someone who has done a few weddings at least in case I use them as a full planner.

Any venue advice would be really appreciated too.  About $10k, 80 guests.

Thank you so mcuh everyone.

Re: First things first- wedding planner? venue?

• edited December 2011
    im using courtney tibbits from after the engagement and i LOVE her, she is very sweet and helpful

• nd76nd76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $10k for your whole wedding, or just the venue? Be VERY CAREFUL, because gratuity and taxes plus incidentals can sometimes make the cost DOUBLE what they quote you.  My military venue (no tax) is costing me $5500 or so for 85 guests and I don't think we will be able to come in under $12k total.  But that is for our whole wedding, not just venue costs. It also depends on your style.  I liked the Karl Strauss brewery garden in Mira Mesa, I think that one comes out to around $9k with drinks and everything even though they say $5k.  Just make sure you do the math.   
  • nd76nd76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. I also planned my wedding from OOT and it sucks!!!!  Make sure you have a lot of time to plan, and extra money budgeted for trips to San Diego.  Some decisions can't be made unless you are in person. GL!
  • pbruni87pbruni87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Stephanie at Furlong Event Design!
  • csudiacacsudiaca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Need help with your invites?  We would be glad to help.  You can view our work at www.lolletterpress.com.  Thanks... LOL

Cindy
    LOL Letterpress
    lolletterpress@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards