California-San Diego

SkyBox and Catering - Looking for recommendations!

Hello!
We just put our deposit on the Skybox for March 24, 2012 - yeah!!! Now that we have our date and our venue, onto the details. We are looking at some different catering companies (from the approved list of course, which I have listed below) and I'm wondering if anyone has hired or has reviews of any of the following caterers?

We are thinking that we would like an action stations kind of style, and I dont want to spend more than about $70/person on the Dinner - any thoughts or positive experiences with this??

Thank you!
Pinky

Acqua Al 2 Ristorante & Toast Ristorante
Authentic Flavors Catering Behind the Scenes Catering & Events 

Chile Co. Catering:

Crown Point Catering
Continental Catering:
Culinary Concepts:
Dining Details Personal Chef Service
Festivities Catering
Giuseppe Restaurants & Fine Catering 

Peartrees Catering
Terra Catering

Tilted Kilt: TK&A Catering Waters Catering 

Wild Thyme Company

Re: SkyBox and Catering - Looking for recommendations!

• edited December 2011
    I would give Wild Thyme Company my vote for sure.  They are awesome.  The food is delicious, the displays are beautiful, and they are very nice and willing to work with your budget.  I would for sure give them a shot.  Chile Co. Catering is pretty pricey, Continental can do nice things and they are affordable, and Culinary Concepts are very friendly and do nice presentations, but I think Wild Thyme are far superior.  Whomever you end up with, have a wonderful wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll go ahead and tell you the other vendors we used at our wedding and loved, for when you get to that point. 

Posies Flowers:  Leigh Johnston
                               Posies
                               (858) 693-7673 shop
                               http://leighsposies.blogspot.com/

Ashley Wedding Videography:  www.ashleyweddingvideography.com

Unveiled Wedding Photography:  www.unveiledwedding.com (they are awesome)

Third Coast Jazz Band:  www.thirdcoastjazz.com

Tom Griesgraber and Bert Lams (cocktail music): 
    http://www.thossounds.com/lamstg.html

Have fun planning!

• ja0547984ja0547984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with wild thyme.. =) i would use them for catering but i got the oceanview room and they don't allow outside caterers!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Authentic Flavors catering.  A friend used them for her and they were amazing!!  When i was looking, I also spoke with Culinary Concepts and they were a close second, but I cannot speak to their food. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MauiMeInSDMauiMeInSD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome venue choice! I got married there last March. We went with Giuseppe Catering. The catering manager and Amanda work so well together, they really made everything so stress-free for me. We went with a cocktail flow reception along with a couple dessert stations. They did a perfect job. Great service and food. HTH!
  • kjhharriskjhharris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception was held at SkyBox; we ended up using Crown Point, after doing tastings at Wild Thyme and Continental, as well.

Wild Thyme had AMAZING food, but there bid was 50% more than Crown Point, and was just more that we'd thought they'd be, based on costs of food alone.  Continental was the less expensive option, and they had fewer of the finishing touches we were looking for (however their mac & cheese bar was fantastic).  Crown Point was a nice intermediate between the two points.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!  I am interested in having my wedding at the SkyBox.  Wondering if anyone can tell me what the capacity is over there, as well as some general costs? 

Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards