California-San Diego
Options

Food Trucks

I thought it could be a good idea to have a food truck come by outside the venue as the party was ending so we could do a late night snack; haven't figured out any of the logistics of this yet, but I was wondering if anyone was doing anything similar and had any ideas on this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Food Trucks

• Options
    That is an awesome idea! FI and I were just talking about this last night. I was thinking In 'n Out truck or a taco cart. It probably wouldn't fit into our budget though. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In-n-Out would be awexome but I think they only have food trucks in LA :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bummer! Okay maybe a taco cart then. I feel like that would be less expensive than a food truck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is a great idea! We are actually considering a food truck as our "caterer". There are DOZENS of food trucks in SD! My office actually has food trucks come every Thursday in Carlsbad. Check out http://sdfoodtrucks.com/list-of-trucks/ for a pretty comprehensive list. This is booming in SD right now! You'll find everything from crepe trucks, to corn dog trucks, to italian, sandwiches, burgers, desserts, and on and on. 

I highly recommend My Urban Eats for high quality burgers and sandwiches, Mangia Mangia for delish Italian, Hoangies for a unique spin on a hoagie, Bitchin Burgers for truly excellent burgers! They have all had rave reviews from our 100 employees!

Good luck!
    Esther
  • Options
    This is a great idea! We are actually considering a food truck as our "caterer". There are DOZENS of food trucks in SD! My office actually has food trucks come every Thursday in Carlsbad. Check out http://sdfoodtrucks.com/list-of-trucks/ for a pretty comprehensive list. This is booming in SD right now! You'll find everything from crepe trucks, to corn dog trucks, to italian, sandwiches, burgers, desserts, and on and on. 

I highly recommend My Urban Eats for high quality burgers and sandwiches, Mangia Mangia for delish Italian, Hoangies for a unique spin on a hoagie, Bitchin Burgers for truly excellent burgers! They have all had rave reviews from our 100 employees!

Good luck!
    Esther
  • Options
    There really are a ton of food trucks here in San Diego! esther, what kind of food are you thinking of having at your wedding? Where is your reception? I'm curious about the logistics of having a food truck as your caterer - although we are having Phil's BBQ cook on-site for our reception and I guess that is not much different. 

On a related note, I went to a birthday party the other weekend that had a great taco cart come out. Only $9.50 a person for the full spread.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Habit is an AMAZING burger place that has a food truck and they do it in SD. Go check out their menu. They have a location in Carmel Mountain so you can go try out the food. They have burgers, chicken burgers, tri tip, fries, onion rings, milk shakes and a bunch of other stuff :] it is SO good. You would not be dissapointed. And it is pretty cost friendly too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards