California-San Diego

Vineyard Wedding!

Hey Ladies!

We are interested in planning a destination wedding in the Temecula, CA area for March/April 2012. It seems to be a great spot for vineyard ceremonies and receptions. We would *LOVE* feedback (positive & negative) on any experiences with area vineyards.

In particular, we are looking for an authentic vineyard with an elegant feel. So far we have zeroed in on: Wilson Creek, Ponte, Falkner, Mount Palomar, & South Coast.

Any additional recommendations for florists, cake, hotels, or photographers in the area would be great!

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Planning from Nebraska,
J & R :)

Re: Vineyard Wedding!

• How exciting! I love Ponte and South Coast. They both have an elegant feel with really beautiful ceremony locations. I have worked at weddings at both locations and South Coast felt more private in the ceremony / reception area than Ponte which is a bit more compact. But I truly love Ponte, too. I've also been to Falkner which I didn't think was as impressive. The ceremony site has some awkward lighting for photography. I have never been to Wilson Creek or Mt Palomar.

South Coast has hotel rooms on site which is a bonus. I absolutely adored my florist who is in North County San Diego and travels to Temecula: Cherry Blossom Floral Designs. The company I used for my cake was awesome, Sweet Cheeks Baking Company but they are closer to the city of San Diego so there would be a delivery cost but they were awesome. I happen to be a wedding photographer which is why I've worked at these venues and I hired Chelsea Anne Photography. She's wonderful. 
  • Chels&JimmyChels&Jimmy member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I actually visited Falkner Winery this past Saturday to check it out as a potential wedding venue, and we liked it! However, we are going for a "rustic" feel, and I noticed that you said you wanted "elegant". Falkner offers two options: an outdoor ceremony and reception, which definitely leans toward the "rustic"; and an outdoor ceremony (in a different location from the first option) with an indoor reception at their on-site restaurant. If you choose the second option with the indoor reception, you can definitely glam it up a bit and make it more elegant! There are so many gorgeous wineries to choose from - happy hunting! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married at Gershon Bachus Vintners, a private Tuscan villa vineyard and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it.  I went to Ponte, Wilson Creek, and Wiens, and they had great facilities.  We chose against them for two reasons: it was pricey for the amount of guests we wanted and they remained open during your wedding, so random people can wander in and out of shots, receptions, etc.

Gershon Bachus Vintners is super affordable, they include wine in their packages, linens are included, and they have gourmet menus.  Plus they close the winery to be private for the whole weekend.  Contact Christina, the owner, who will also double as your wedding coordinator.  If you want to go for elegant, her Tuscan villa decor pulls it off.

Message me if you have more questions, I'll be happy to answer them!
  • I know I'm a little late to the game...and I'm sorry, but I thought a little more feed back couldn't hurt. The Ponte is BEAUTIFUL, as is Wilson Creek and I think both would fit the elegant scheme. I see you're in Omaha, some of my dear friends from high school live there. I think you'd be pleasantly pleased with either venue, or any of them I'm sure. As for photographers, we LOVE ours (Jenn and Travis Photography). I know you're out of town, and their engagement session are complimentary, but I'm sure they'd let you do a day after session or something. They are pretty awesome people. I'd recommend other vendors, but with a venue like those, I think they'd know best.

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards