Minnesota
Options

Do you know of a reception site willing to allow us to bring our own food? Or other alternative opti

My fiancee and I are having a mixed mexican-american wedding.. And in his family, it is traditional that the family makes the recpetion food, but I have no idea where to start looking. Please Help...

Re: Do you know of a reception site willing to allow us to bring our own food? Or other alternative opti

• Options
    saric83saric83 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Try posting this on the Minnesota - Minneapolis/St Paul board, and I'm sure the ladies will have some ideas for you.  The only place I can think of off-hand that will allow anyone to bring in their own food is a VFW, but I'm sure there are some other options too.   Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_of-reception-willing-allow-bring-own-food-other-alternative-options-twin-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:640Discussion:0893cce6-3ed0-497f-b648-f7abe5cea24dPost:270812d2-eebd-44e5-bff4-b276ffb7e118">Re: Do you know of a reception site willing to allow us to bring our own food? Or other alternative options in the twin cities?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try posting this on the Minnesota - Minneapolis/St Paul board, and I'm sure the ladies will have some ideas for you.  <strong>The only place I can think of off-hand that will allow anyone to bring in their own food is a VFW</strong>, but I'm sure there are some other options too.   Good luck!
    Posted by saric83[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking the same thing. 
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    jbutterflyjbutterfly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first thought was having your reception at Ole Mexico, they have amazing food and a great looking restaurant that would look awesome for a wedding!

417 on Wacouta, Landmark Center, Five Event Center and Harriett Island all have open catering, but they book early!  We couldn't get in any of those locations but did find an art gallery that had open catering.  Unfortunately you have to dig deep to find open catering locations....
  • Options
    subi***1subi***1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny thing ... I was watching twin cities live today and i found out that the park and recreation in Anoka has not only a super nice outdoor ceremony site and a perfect reception hall. Darnit! If I had been more patient when searching for a vendor, specially that has both on same property. I would have booked this place in a heart beat! You can bring your own home cooked food or cater.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards