Minnesota

Outdoor Ceremonies in Southeast Minnesota

Hello ladies!  I'm trying to find information on outdoor ceremonies around Rochester, MN.  I looked at the Plummer House, but it only allows for 100 guests.  Ideally, the reception would be held nearby, in or near a hotel.  I would love to have the ceremony and reception at Mayowood Stone Barn or the Round Barn in Red Wing, but they're so expensive!  Any thoughts on St. James Hotel in Red Wing, Whitewater State Park, Rochester Art Center, Rochester Golf & Country Club, etc.?  MUCH appreciated. 

Re: Outdoor Ceremonies in Southeast Minnesota

• hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the MSP board. They are a little more active. I am from the area but I can't think of anything in Roch. There are a few places in Winona, but my guess is its a bit far.

I looked into St. James for my wedding. I found it to be a bit expensive for me and my aunt didn't have great things to say about the place when they stayed there.  they said the train was annoying and loud and the rooms were tiny.

I have looked into this place...it looks nice. http://www.rochestereventcenter.com/

IDK if you can have anything outside tho. 

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  I live in the same area and really wanted the Mayowood Stone Barn, but it just wasn't in our price range.  We are having an outdoor ceremony at Riverview Greens in Stewartville (in 17 days!!!!) and holding the reception indoors there.  It wasn't our ideal choice, but it will be in front of a little lake with a fountain and the reception has 180 degree full views of the outdoors as well as 2 balconies so it will feel like we are pretty much outside all day!  We can't wait!

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!  Rochester Event Center would be nice...we'd just need a place outside for the ceremony.  Mayowood Stone Barn is booked already for 2012!  And yes, it's kinda spendy.  Let me know how the place in Stewartville goes.  We may look at some vineyards in the area as well.  The Round Barn in Red Wing looks really cool, but I've heard awful reviews about the innkeepers, and it's just as expensive as Mayowood.
  • hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gopher hills in Zumbrota might let you do it outside on their greens.  They are a country club.  I am not sure about prices but I have been to a wedding there before.  the food was good. And they have one room for food and another room for dancing and a bar. 

I will keep thinking!
  • edited December 2011
    Berwood Hill Inn in Lanesboro is where we are getting married and it is BEAUTIFUL! We aren't doing our reception there, but you certainly can.
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had her reception at the Berwood Hill Inn in Lanesboro- it is beautiful!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards