Minnesota

Crown Plaza Northstar - Downtown, Mpls

My fiance and I just put our deposit down to hold our ceremony & reception at the Crowne Plaza Northstar in Minneapolis.  Has anyone attended a wedding there or is planning to hold theirs there as well?  We love the sky garden!! Laughing

Re: Crown Plaza Northstar - Downtown, Mpls

• jjbmstincojjbmstinco member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I haven't but congrats!

Try the MSP board, someone on there might have more information!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_crown-plaza-northstar-downtown-mpls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:640Discussion:3142fe10-61fd-4ffe-934f-d919a240a447Post:bf95c10a-277c-4ccd-b3e8-cf93251e5f8a">Crown Plaza Northstar - Downtown, Mpls</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I just put our deposit down to hold our ceremony & reception at the Crowne Plaza Northstar in Minneapolis.  Has anyone attended a wedding there or is planning to hold theirs there as well?  We love the sky garden!!
    Posted by mollywollydoodle[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I just came across this location and am considering it for my reception and ceremony, I only saw a picture of the sky garden, did you see it in person? if so was it as nice as the picture makes it look? How much are they charging you?</div>
  • When I found out that the food and beverage minimum was 1,500 fridays and 2,000 saturdays I was pretty much made up in my mind that this is where we should go with (were planning a wedding of about 50 so places with minimums of 7,500 - like the doubletree by hilton are just out of the question)

I love the idea of being able to have the ceremony and reception in the same place.

I love the idea of family being able to stay at the hotel and it being by the airport.

Their prices for the kids menu is great as well (although I'm not sure how many kids will actually be attending, it's just good to know we could save a little there also)

Everything about this place seems perfect!!

How did you decide on which month to have your wedding? I would also like to use the sky garden BUT am not a trooper when it comes to the heat, and don't think it would be fun for everyone to be dressed up but then wearing jackets!

Smile Kelly
  • I'm booked at the Crowne for my wedding in June 2013. I plan to have the ceremony and a cocktail hour out in the Skygarden. Kelly- in response to your question it is NICER in person than the pictures suggest. My fiancee was kind of iffy on the idea of an outdoor wedding in Downtown, but when he saw the space it was unlike anything else we had seen. Plus, they do everything for you which is awesome! The only extras we have to do are buy the cake and flowers. They do provide a centerpiece, but it is candles and a rosebud so if you want something more elaborate you have to get a florist.

Cara
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards