Minnesota

Engagement Photos?

Hi MN Brides,
My fiance and I just got engaged a few weeks ago and are hitting the ground running with planning. We are actually having our wedding in Nebraska (both our families live there) but would love to take engagement photos here in the Twin Cities. Pretty much all of our friends who have had photos here got them taken at the Stone Arch Bridge, which we love, but we'd like to do something different. Any ideas for pretty outdoor places to get engagement photos? And did you like your photographer?
Thanks!Smile

Re: Engagement Photos?

• hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took ours at mill city museum.  The bridge is in the background.  There is the Gutherie next to it too, so we had a ton of different textures. Metal, grass, brick wall, metal wall, stairs, the river in the background ect.  We really loved it. 

We used Kara Knutson.  She is amazing.  There aren't a lot of reviews on her, but I can't be happier with her.  Plus she is reasonable.. About 1,000 for engagement and 8 hours for wedding.  Being that you are getting married in NE, maybe she can just do your e pics if you have a photographer up there.  She is really flexible.  She is fun and energetic.

Here is the Link to her ---------- />  LINK
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on what sort of look you're going for in your pictures. My fiancee is very outdoorsy, so we're going to a state park (if you go this route, I'd recommend Afton or Lake Maria). If you want more of a city feel, I've seen a lot of great shots at the Guthrie. You should also consider Rice Park in St. Paul because it is gorgeous! It's one of the cutest places in the city, especially in winter around the holidays when they decorate. If you want more nature-y pictures, I'd highly recommend Shelley Paulson.
  • iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anywhere to have it I am from Rochester.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards