Minnesota

who can marry us????

Getting married in september 2011! we arent religous, and want someone who knows us well to marry us.  we have asked my cousin who lives in florida, who will be here for the wedding to marry us.  we have heard there is a website where you can pay to become an ordained minister, or whatever title you like, and can have the authority/certification to marry someone. 

Does anyone have any info on this?  website? HELP??

Thanks so much in advance!

Re: who can marry us????

• edited December 2011
    I just did this today, I googled minnesota officients and lots of options came up. I am picking one based on that... I think. So far they have been very helpful
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can go to the courthouse and get married there and then at your wedding ceremony you'll already be married to you can have anyone u want just read your vows.
  • iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_can-marry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:640Discussion:65ab62f5-1a94-4ecd-8d87-eed00a748e6cPost:b41e3078-459a-4556-bade-2d29e70c66cd">who can marry us????</a>:
    [QUOTE]Getting married in september 2011! we arent religous, and want someone who knows us well to marry us.  we have asked my cousin who lives in florida, who will be here for the wedding to marry us.  we have heard there is a website where you can pay to become an ordained minister, or whatever title you like, and can have the authority/certification to marry someone.  Does anyone have any info on this?  website? HELP?? Thanks so much in advance!
    Posted by luv2bsober52504[/QUOTE]

Anyone can actually

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_can-marry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:640Discussion:65ab62f5-1a94-4ecd-8d87-eed00a748e6cPost:2b2015a0-ea5c-4588-b9a0-f8a18bea76ef">Re: who can marry us????</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can go to the courthouse and get married there and then at your wedding ceremony you'll already be married to you can have anyone u want just read your vows.
    Posted by agrubb88[/QUOTE]

<div>1. This is horrible advice.</div><div>
    </div><div>2. OP- pretty much anyone can be licensed to perform ceremonies in MN.  You do have to register with the state, though.  There are more details online about that.  We used Judge Tom Armstrong, and have nothing but positive reviews.  Most judges will do weddings 'on the side' so just ask around.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    You can also google Minnesota Officients, there are lot's of wonderful websites with people that will meet with you BEFORE the wedding and get to know you! My fiance' and I are in the same situation and we are going with a registered officient as well!
    *BellaDancerella*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards