Minnesota

Northern Minnesota venues

My fiance and I are looking for either outdoor or indoor ceremony and reception venues in North Central Minnesota (more specifically around the Walker area... Bemidji). We want a rustic, MN lodge feel to our wedding and would like either a church or outdoor (PRIVATE) location for our ceremony. I have looked at churches and at renting private cabins and having the ceremony on their land. For the reception, we'd IDEALLY like a renovated barn (that doesn't seem to exist, strangely) or just a nice indoor location. We would also entertain the idea of a tented reception outdoors, again, only if the site was private. If we do anything outdoors, we'd like it near a lake (hence looking at renting private lake homes) or river, wooded area, something scenic. We are trying to keep our budget under $10k total. Our number of guests should be around 150.

I know this seems like a lot to ask for, but it just seems like there is not many options!

Re: Northern Minnesota venues

• hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Post on the MSP board.  They are a lot more active.  I think a couple girls on there have been married up that way!  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding in walker at Chase on the Lake.  It was amazing!
  • mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is not as private- but what about Itasca State Park? You can rent a cruise there.

I wanted a similar wedding to yours- I really wanted a barn style reception and couldn't find much except for an awesome one in Wisconsin. It was quite frustrating so we ended up going for an outdoor garden wedding in Stillwater. We were looking in the Bemidji area too but found it difficult to find anything online. Probably have to ask around!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I attended a great wedding at Eagle Nest Lodge

http://eaglenestlodge.net/index.htm

The bride and groom rented a tent and had the meal and dance in the tent. The wedding was outdoors by the lake....beautiful!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards