Ohio-Cincinnati

Embassy Suites Covington

Hi Brides!! My September 2012 wedding and reception is being held at the Embassy Suites Covington. I am looking for some recent reviews on the food and service from anyone who has had their wedding there, or has even attended a wedding there in the past few months. Shannon Bohman was my initial contact person, and she made me feel very comfortable and confident about choosing the venue. Now that she is gone, my questions are not being answered as efficiently and it seems like some things have changed. Any feedback would be great.

Re: Embassy Suites Covington

• I'm having my recpetion there in June. We have had good communication with them...not as well as Shannon but still a timely manner. We go next week for our tasting. I can give you a better response then.

What do you think has changed? We still have everything that was in our contract.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • We had spoke about parking, and the now they are telling me that theybhave no control over any parking besides the valet. I don't want to ask my guests to pay for parking. What are you doing for parking?
  • That is the way it was even with Shannon. They do not own the lot the city does. We are paying for it. However, most of my guests are staying at the hotel and it is already included. We have over 65% OOT people.

I have been to several weddings though where as a guest I had to pay.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • i worked with shannon, i thought she was nice. but i like rachel, who is there now, better. and i agree wholeheartedly with the above, parking was never able to be negotiated because they do not own the parking garage. if you want it covered, then you'll be adding it to your own tab.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_embassy-suites-covington?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:2010ab63-a87b-40c3-a424-87df7f8eb2a3Post:74c9f825-52b3-42ba-9e60-baf2ad971aed">Embassy Suites Covington</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Brides!! My September 2012 wedding and reception is being held at the Embassy Suites Covington. I am looking for some recent reviews on the food and service from anyone who has had their wedding there, or has even attended a wedding there in the past few months. Shannon Bohman was my initial contact person, and she made me feel very comfortable and confident about choosing the venue. Now that she is gone, my questions are not being answered as efficiently and it seems like some things have changed. Any feedback would be great.
    Posted by MRSMELFREEMAN[/QUOTE]

Our reception is there in July - and I agree with you. I completely miss Shannon - although our parking was NEVER included - but I'm letting people pay the eight dollars. Hell - I'm shelling out over 200 dollars to go to my cousin's OOT wedding - people can pay 8 bucks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_embassy-suites-covington?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:2010ab63-a87b-40c3-a424-87df7f8eb2a3Post:a38187a6-3d32-4f6e-9836-5499c4bbf3c0">Re: Embassy Suites Covington</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Embassy Suites Covington : Our reception is there in July - and I agree with you. I completely miss Shannon - although our parking was NEVER included - but I'm letting people pay the eight dollars. <strong>Hell - I'm shelling out over 200 dollars to go to my cousin's OOT wedding - people can pay 8 bucks.
    </strong>Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha...this made me laugh. We went to FI's friend's wedding in october in New England. Talk about expensive!
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • PS. We go for our food tasting on Wednesday. I will let you all know how it goes.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • How was the tasting experience? I am dying to know! Lol!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_embassy-suites-covington?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:2010ab63-a87b-40c3-a424-87df7f8eb2a3Post:a6dc2e3d-9eb6-4770-8013-858f11e7c79a">Re: Embassy Suites Covington</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS. We go for our food tasting on Wednesday. I will let you all know how it goes.
    Posted by HarperBargo[/QUOTE]
  • The tasting was amazing! It was really really good. It is hard to pick.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    image 25 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards