Ohio-Cincinnati

Photographer advice/ recommendations?

I've met with 4 so far and would love any advice!

-Essenza studio- loved the work, but unfortunately. Won't. Be able to spend $1k additional that it requires to book Angela (seen great reviews of her on here) has anyone used any other photographer from Essenza?
-Tom Taylor- liked his work and decent pricing.
-Mike Flamm- anyone used him? Husband wife team with two pkg options or ycan customize. They don't give cd/DVD though just online viewing. Not sure how important this is??
-Kamera Art- Don Moore- liked his personality which I know is important. Decent packages as well.

Also planning to meet with David McClain, called Tatman (Glenn) & White Photography (Bob White). Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Photographer advice/ recommendations?

• Bob is great he did a friend's wedding. I'd also look at innovatory photography and Rachel spears photography. Theyre both big names in these boards. Rachel did ours and we loved her. I would encourage you to not look at too too many. You'll get overwhelmed. :
  • My biggest advice is to go with the best photographer that your budget allows.  Also, request a WHOLE wedding, which would be the best representative of what final result you'll receive.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Great advice, thanks!  I'm definitely overwhelmed with going to quite a few already!  It has been hard for me to narrow it down so far b/c each of them have seemed to have something different and that I like.  Thanks again!
  • We are using Rachel Spears. She offers a 2nd photographer and all day coverage. She is really reasonalbe with her pricing and she does outstanding working. She is also super nice and I'm excited to work with her since photos were one of my most important parts of the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Personally, I would go with whoever makes you most comfortable.  I'm having getting ready shots and met with a photographer that gave me the hee-bee-gee-bees.  We didn't end up with him.  This person, in theory, is going to be with you all day.  So whoever you connect with best.
  • I met with Tatman Photography & was very frustrated that I couldn't see an example of an entire wedding he had photographed.  In fact this was the sole reason I did not book him.  A friend of the family recently got married & posted all of her pictures on facebook.  I was finally able to see an entire wedding by Tatman and was very glad not to have booked him! 

• We're lucky in that my cousin is a wedding photographer so we're going to be using him and his wife.  But even if he wasn't, their most expensive package is less a $1000 so for those on a budget he's definitely worth checking into:

www.marktheoccasionphotography.com/wedding
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks....great points.  keatingkd - who did you end up booking if you don't mind me asking?  I will mark Tatman off my list.  Thanks for the advice!
  • We're using Tracy Doyle Photography. I live in VA, so I basically had to choose a photographer by looking at their work online and speaking over the phone. When I talked to Tracy I knew she would be perfect.

We finally met in June for our engagement shoot in Cincinnati. She was so nice and understanding even though I was anxious. Another thing I liked was that I told her I don't like my arms, and then she strategically shoots to make you look your best and avoid your "trouble" spots.

We got our pictures a week or two ago and i LOVE them. I couldnt believe how great they turned out (let's be honest, it's awkward having tons of photos taken of you :))! She sent us the CD of the pictures in this super cute leather binder/case type thing with a picture of us on the outside and inside. Very nice touch.

So excited to have her photograph the wedding in October! Definitely recommend her both for talent and for personality.

I considered one of the photographers you listed because I really liked his style. However, when I spoke to him, he really turned me off. He was talking badly about other Cincinnati photographers and quite frankly sounded very pompous. I eliminated him based on that conversation.
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_photographer-advice-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:23a52ade-d591-49fe-8441-26fc97429063Post:a27d3490-44b8-41cc-87be-e43fc63dbef4">Re: Photographer advice/ recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We're using Tracy Doyle Photography.</strong> I live in VA, so I basically had to choose a photographer by looking at their work online and speaking over the phone. When I talked to Tracy I knew she would be perfect. We finally met in June for our engagement shoot in Cincinnati. She was so nice and understanding even though I was anxious. Another thing I liked was that I told her I don't like my arms, and then she strategically shoots to make you look your best and avoid your "trouble" spots. We got our pictures a week or two ago and i LOVE them. I couldnt believe how great they turned out (let's be honest, it's awkward having tons of photos taken of you :))! She sent us the CD of the pictures in this super cute leather binder/case type thing with a picture of us on the outside and inside. Very nice touch. So excited to have her photograph the wedding in October! Definitely recommend her both for talent and for personality.<div>Posted by phfiely[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>We did, too! She was great!
    </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks!  I will check out Tracy Doyle. phfiely - would you mind telling me who you eliminated on the list I had?  I appreciate it!

Thank you!
  • I met with Rachel Spears too--she seemed absolutely wonderful. In the end, we ended up going with Ashley Mauro and are so pleased thus far. We can't wait to do our engagement shoot in October and Ashley has so many fun ideas of things we can include.

We had it narrowed down to Ashley Mauro, The Harris', Rick Barge, and Rachel Spears, and all of them would have done a great job.

We originally went with The Harris' who said they would hold our date for us for a day or two while we made our decision since we contacted them first, but a friend of theirs called up that night and they went with her instead, which is fine. I was just upset that it took them a few days AFTER I told them we wanted them to let me know, which made us pretty sad and left a bad taste in our mouths. That said, they seem like a really great couple and were so fun to meet with and the take lovely photos too, so they'd be a solid choice, just make sure you don't believe anyone will hold your date for you unless you have something signed! Definitely setting yourself up for disappointment otherwise!

Luckily Ashley was still available and she's been soo great to work with so far. She's so upbeat and energetic about our upcoming engagement shoots and she's so easy to get  ahold of via email and is very quick to respond. She's such a sweet person, takes really thoughtful and beautiful photos, and I know she'll be a joy to have around on our big day! :)

That said, all four of the ones we narrowed down to were great, personable photographers, so we couldn't have gone wrong! Best of luck choosing the one that is the best fit for you! It's a tough choice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards