Ohio-Cincinnati

Photojournalistic Photographers

Hey Ladies,

I am looking for an awesome photographer in the Dayton/Cinci region for my wedding in August. I found Innovatory Photography in Cinci which I absolutely love, but I feel they are a tad bit out of our price range. I love their photos, but am having some trouble locating other photographers in the area who possess the same style.  It's called photo journalism. Does anyone have any suggestions about other people?

I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!!  Laughing

Re: Photojournalistic Photographers

• kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is your price range... most of the photojournalistic photogs are the more expensive ones. I used Studio3z... they are wonderful and do a great job, but if you are going to get good photos, you are going to pay more than 1k for them.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Lisa Rice
    http://lisaricephotography.com/blog/
    Her prices start at $1,000 and she is super sweet and great to work with.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    Look into Nixon Photography. Michelle is amazing and so fun to work with!
    Anniversary
  • JLDowd83JLDowd83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Steve Lyons and were SO happy with how our photos turned out.  His website is lyonswedding.com, and our photo link is http://www.pictage.com/client/event.do?event=975976.  Good luck!
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I ditto Lisa Rice, she did our engagement photos.  She's very affordable for the talent she's giving.

http://lisaricephotography.com/blog/

This may be out of line, but I'm only trying to be helpful, and I suggest not being afraid of stretching what you can for photos.  It seems like you know what type of photos you want.  After everything is done, they're all you have to remember (that and your new hubby. :p )
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Kristie Bulach with Dolce Vita Photography. She was absolutely incredible. We spent about $1800 and had 2 photographers for 6.5 hours. 
  • Jeff SchaeferJeff Schaefer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don’t want to take anything away from the photographers that are mentioned above. In fact, one of them is highly respected and on my ‘recommended’ list.

But, here is my advice on photojournalism...

Many beginner photographers start out as ‘photojournalistic’ because they don't yet know how to pose comfortably and naturally, and provide natural and flattering supplemental lighting.

Photojournalism, as a style or ‘look’, can be done very well. But the photographer must first have a mastery of posing, lighting, and composition.

A good photojournalistic ‘look’, done under the tough time constraints of a wedding day schedule, is actually much harder than the ‘traditional’ style. Yet, as difficult as photojournalism is, it’s the style the inexperienced photographers promote themselves as being.

Plus, I feel it is the photographer’s job to guide the client so we deliver quality photographs in the style the client wants.

Many brides have been disappointed with an inexperienced photographer’s true photojournalistic approach.

Jeff Schaefer

• edited December 2011
    My wedding photographer was Ingrid York of PhotoInk Photography. She will be the photographer I use for any photos I will need in the future.

This woman took the most amazing pictures I could imagine, and she was above and beyond professional. I didn't even need a day-of coordinator because of how well she worked with us. 

Her prices are extremely reasonable, and she was really flexible with me when I couldn't pay right away due to lack of work. 

I can not say enough wonderful things about this woman, and you would not be disappointed to work with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards