March 2011 Weddings

Reception progress

FI and I went to TJ Maxx today and filled the shopping cart up with vases! We are using cylindrical glass vases of all different sizes for our centerpieces, and some smaller ones on the catering table to make it look prettier. We will have submerged flowers in them with some sort of stones or glass beads in the bottom. They also had some potpourri bags sitting out that were blue (our main color) with seashells and random sponge/coral pieces throughout. These will probably be around the vases, on top of the brown woven cloth on the tables. Perfect for our sunrise beach wedding!

I had been worried about the prospect for rain for our reception. I don't mind getting married in rain, but can't have the food all wet! As March is the rainy season here, I had been trying to figure out what to do; however, no more worry now! The house the reception will be at is raised, and there is 1100 sq. ft. under it that we can set up our whole deal if we need to!

We also met with a potential caterer on Saturday. A friend of a friend is trying to get into the business and she will do our breakfast reception for cost only! She will get back to us with a quote this week. She will also help us with other things, like finding flowers (she has a friend with ins at the farmers markets) and help for our cupcake baking (trays that will cook 48 at once!) I'm pretty excited about this! Things are finally coming together, and coming together very well :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards