Ohio-Cincinnati

8/13/11 Vendor Review... (yes I know it's late.)

Better late than never. =)

St Bartholomew Catholic Church- Springfield Twp, Ohio... A+
Can't say enough good things about this parish. My husband's parents have been parishoners for 30+ years and we were happy to be married in this great church. Father Pat is super nice, very understanding of all types of situations. Music director is also amazing, willing to work with you on just about anything.

Cincinnati Brass Quintet... A
We hired them to play at our wedding Mass. Very nice group, although we never actually got to meet with them in person, not sure if it was necessary. All communication was thru email and snail mail (to mail deposit and final payment.) They arrived to the ceremony with plenty of time to spare, very nicely dressed and professional looking. My only complaint is that they were a little slow to get back with me when I had a question. Overall, great group and I'd definitely recommend them.

Pebble Creek Event Center, Colerain, Ohio... A+
If you go with Pebble Creek, you will NOT be disappointed. Working with Mary Padro was an absolute breeze. She's very detail oriented and will be sure that your reception is everything you wanted it to be, and MORE. Very eager to please, she's just amazing. Pebble Creek Event Center itself is also amazing. We had our reception in the Garden Room which is ground level and has windows looking out to the patio/gazebo and just behind that is a breathtaking view of the pond/lake. got some GREAT pictures out of the beautiful scenery there. Lastly, Chef Michael is just great. His food at the tasting was all so good it was hard to decide what we wanted. Definitely, DEFINITELY recommend Pebble Creek.

Artrageous Desserts, Colerain, Ohio... A+
Terri, the cake lady, actually works out of the kitchen at Pebble Creek, so not only are you getting a great looking AND tasting cake, but if you have your reception at Pebble Creek, you don't have to pay a delivery fee. =)
So, Terri's awesome. She did our wedding cake AND my husband's surprise grooms cake which was in the shape of our precious german shepherd. Both cakes looked beautiful, but they tasted great as well.

Steve Bender DJ's... A
We hired Joe from this company. He was very professional, played each and every song we asked him to, blocked any songs we had asked him not to play, and definitely kept the party going. Great guy and I'd definitely recommend him/Steve Bender.

Two Little Buds Florist, Fairfield Twp, Ohio... A
I can't say enough good things about these ladies. I gave them a picture of a bouquet I found on the knot that I wanted an EXACT replica of, and they did it. Not only that but I had asked them to basically center all of the flowers, (other bouquets, boutineeres, centerpieces, alter flowers, etc.) around my bouquet. They did just that. All of my flowers were just beautiful. I gave them a budget in the beginning of the planning with them and they kept it under budget. Just amazing. I wish there was a way to keep my bouquet alive forever. =) 

Glossa Makeup, Cincinnati, Ohio... B+
I hired Lindsay from Glossa to do my makeup on the wedding day, as well as three of my bridesmaids, the flower girl, and my Mom. She did a GREAT job and I'd highly recommend her. Very reasonable pricing and she was very flexible with the time we needed her to start in the morning of the wedding. My only complaint here is again, the lack of communication.

Gallant Coach, Cincinnati, OH... B-
I don't have much nice to say about them so I'll just leave them alone. However I will say that everything on the day of went really well. Bus was super cool, very reasonably priced.

Fabulous Bridal, Covington, KY... A-
Bought my dress there and had the girls purchase their dresses there. Very professional. My dress came in before it was expected, the girls' dresses came in right as scheduled. My only complaint is that I think they double booked my consultant and she was kind of rushing the appointment towards the end. Otherwise, very nice store. Got my dress for a great price- they seem to have a sale once every three months or so. Give it a try.

I hope you all got something out of this review. If you have any specific questions about any of these vendors, especially the ones with lower scores, please send me a private message. Good luck with your planning!
Anniversary

Re: 8/13/11 Vendor Review... (yes I know it's late.)

• dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations & thanks for the reviews! It sounds like you had a fabulous day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • andrea4111andrea4111 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just curious what problems you had with Gallant Coach. I had reserved them and wanted to know what to watch out for
  • edited December 2011
    Really really bad lack of communication. I mean even when you call with simple questions sometimes it'll take days and days to hear back from them. I was recently told by another bride that they had sold the bus she reserved and didn't bother telling her until 4 days before her wedding.
    Anniversary
  • andrea4111andrea4111 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. We are just starting to experience this communication issue. I did find out about them selling the bus actually from friend who just got married a week ago. So frustrating!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards