Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Centennial Barn

I am looking into the barn as a reception venue. I love everything about it except the rooms being kind of separated. Has anyone had a large wedding there? If so, how did the layout work for you? I am worried with the layout people may not enjoy it as much.

Re: Centennial Barn

• Options
    We went there too. We couldn't stand how the rooms were separated. We are choosing the Walhill Farm barn in Batesville. We are in love with it. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm getting married there in October. Although the whole separate room thing is hard to envision, I think that's what makes it unique. We plan on having the downstairs filled with some tall cocktail tables and chairs for the people who will want to be downstairs for the action, but not necessarily up dancing. It's nice having dinner in a smaller intimate room then moving downstairs for a change of scenery. When dancing starts, people can either stay in their dinner seats upstairs and chat with coffee, watch from the loft area above, or come downstairs and join the fun. I think having many rooms is nice and not so one dimensional as a reception hall would be. Plus, price and location can't be beat. I will admit, it is a bit challenging planning and designing how the whole night will flow, but I think it will turn out great and will be different than other weddings people have been to.
  • Options
    laurabsugradlaurabsugrad member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    Oops, forgot to add. There are a couple local photographers that have done weddings there and blogged it ...you should look up. One is kourtney Kate photography (I think I'm spelling that right) and leppert photography. Seeing those 2 weddings made me able to see that I could do really cool things with this place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards