Ohio-Cincinnati

Marriott northeast and The event center

Was wondering if anyone has been to or had a reception at either one of these places and wondering what you thought. Thanks!

Re: Marriott northeast and The event center

• I went to a wedding/reception in September of last year at The Bell Event Center - the space was beautiful. My only complaints are that you can see the age of the space. Some of the gold chivari chairs had paint wearing off of them, making the space look a little worn, in my opinion. I think because I was considering them for my wedding, I was looking at every little detail. Mosts guests wouldn't notice this. The other complaint was that in September it was unseasonably cold, I along with the rest of the female guests were in cocktail dresses without jackets because we expected to be inside. When they changed the room from the wedding to the reception, everyone was freezing during the outdoor cocktail hour in the courtyard. That was pretty miserable.

Other than that, the food was great and the reception was fun!

I've never been to a reception at Marriott Northeast. If I could - I recommend looking at The Center. They have the same ballroom feel, without being dated. They have the capability to have both a wedding ceremony and a reception without having to change the room out and they are very close to The Bell Event Center. Good luck in planning!! http://www.thecentercincinnati.com/

• I went to a wedding/reception at the Bell Event Center last May. I loved it. I thought it was beautiful. We decided against it because we have a lot of OOT guests and wanted something a little more convenient for everyone.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards