Ohio-Cincinnati

Tell me about your Bar Packages...

Researching various bar packages - prices seem to vary greatly. Would anyone like to share what they are getting for their bar and at what price, be it per head or package, etc. This is all a little overwhelming. My venue is not restrictive to specifics so looking for starting points and a way to gauge what is average.Who is your vendor - if you are going through your venue I'm still interested as this would still help with comparison.

Thanks!

Re: Tell me about your Bar Packages...

• Our top priority was quality alcohol with a lot of locally made products, especially beer, so we're doing our own bar. We're paying our bartenders about $100 each plus any tips they collect and purchasing liquor and wine from either Cork and Bottle or the Party Source, (both let you return unopened bottles). My brother, a local brewer, is brewing the beer and we're creating custom labels for the wedding. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our venue includes domestic beer, house wine and well-brand cocktails in the package.  The only specific liqor that anyone in either family is very vocal about is Bacardi, so we got them to add it onto the package for a pretty nominal fee.  The inclusion of any liquor was just one of the pluses that we found with our venue, as a lot of other places were just beer and wine.
  • We used Bourbon Street Bartending.

They provide everything - ice, cups, mixers, top shelf liquor, bottled beer (Budweiser, Bud Light, Yuengling, there were another couple of brands too - no draft in site), coke products, bottled water, a portable bar, and wine (didn't drink any so I'm not sure of the brand). It was $9.99 per person for anyone over 21 and $2.99 per person for anyone under 21 for the drink portion. The two bartenders cost $300. We had around 175 people and didn't have any issues with lines. Don't forget to factor in tax.

John was really easy to work with and responded quickly to e-mails. I highly recommend. We actually ran out of vodka at some point and one of the bartenders went out and purchased more. I didn't even know anything had happened until the next day.

Good luck.
  • We used Bourbon Street Bartending as well and I would also highly recommend them! Everything went smoothly throughout the planning process as well as on the day of. Everyone said the mixed drinks were strong and that the selection/quality of everything was great!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• In Response to Re: Tell me about your Bar Packages...:

We used Epitome Bartending, great service and worked with us beforehand on the cost.  They had some packages that were priced good and since we booked early, they offered us a discount.  We would have used our caterer but opted not to because if insurance, and would have had to spend extra,  plus they (Epitome) had everything we needed and would have proabaly forgot.

Good choice as we have told a few others about them. We heard about them fro ma friend at their reception a few years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards