Ohio-Cincinnati

Outdoor Wedding Reception Venues

Hello,

My fiance and I are planning on getting married May 25, 2013. We want to have our reception outside, possibly under a big tent or something. I'm having a really hard time finding a place that will allow that. Most of the parks make you rent the pavilions, and I'm looking more for a casual, rustic, feel; not so fancy. If anyone has any ideas that would be great!!

Thanks!!

Ellie

Re: Outdoor Wedding Reception Venues

• Check out Hamilton County Park District wedding setting at Withrow Nature Preserve.  It is outside among trees and they have a white alter type thing with chairs.  It is really pretty and very simple.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lake Lyndsay in Hamilton, OH. It can be as much inside or outside as you would like. We are getting married there June 2nd 2012.
  • Ellie, 

I agree! We are also trying to find basically an open space with trees (is that really too hard to ask?!) for a reception.  Please let me know if you find a place that's a bit cheaper than most of the places listed here (I've researched them ALL), so anything different would help so much. Good luck!
  • Im getting married at the Krippendorf Lodge in the Cincinnati Nature Center next May. It's beautiful!!!!
  • Try Farm Haven in Union Ky I think the web site is www.kyfarmwedding.com
  • We are doing the inn at oneonta in Melbourne, ky and it has two huge tent areas and an arch along the river for the ceremony. It is modeled after the town that was destroyed in the flood in the 30s
    That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again
  • edited April 2012
    Casual and rustic, hmm?  Have you checked out shelters at and area metroparks?  Pro: They tend to be REALLY affordable.  Con: They may have strict rules about things like noise or alcohol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards