Ohio-Cincinnati

Invitations have been sent!

Mailed them today from the Blue Ash post office. 

They did hand cancel them for any brides out there who are concerned about that.

Now let's hope they get to our guests in one piece, without being ripped or crushed. . . eeks!!  Let's also hope everyone RSVPs on time!

Re: Invitations have been sent!

• edited December 2011
    Yay! You're getting so close!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• rschuckmanrschuckman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for checks!!!  So exciting.  I hope you get all YES'!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! We mailed ours out today, also from Blue Ash! It turns out we were the third box of wedding invites dropped off and that was before noon! But he promised they would hand cancel them all. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBabyFruit Ticker
  • allis0nmarieallis0nmarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This may be a stupid question, what is hand canceling? 
  • brownd9brownd9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The ink stamp that is usually put over the postage is put on with a hand stamper instead of feeding them through the machine...sometimes the machine can damage your invites or leave nasty scuffs on the envelopes.
    Photobucket
  • afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just ordered ours yesterday and I cant wait to mail them out!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_invitations-sent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:6181058a-235d-4692-a06c-742172576724Post:4fc7c9a6-e64d-4ef7-a35f-a6d74cc0753f">Re: Invitations have been sent!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! We mailed ours out today, also from Blue Ash! It turns out we were the third box of wedding invites dropped off and that was before noon! But he promised they would hand cancel them all. 
    Posted by EBS10[/QUOTE]

EBS, how exciting!  When is your wedding? Where are you getting married?  I really hope they handle our invites carefully. 

I'm nervous because I sampled mailed one from the Symmes post office to my apartment and it was hand cancelled, but came in all crumbled.  I have a pocket fold with 4 inserts in it, and the invitation had been pressed so hard during mailing that you could see the outline of the inserts on the actual pocket, and it had some creases.  It did not look good. . . but there's nothing we can do about it!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_invitations-sent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:6181058a-235d-4692-a06c-742172576724Post:1c713d91-9497-4719-832d-6ff07a37469f">Re: Invitations have been sent!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for checks!!!  So exciting.  I hope you get all YES'!
    Posted by rschuckman[/QUOTE]

hahahahahah I just noticed your post, Rshuckman!!! OMG I will DIE if we get all YESes!  We are inviting 428 people to the wedding, so I'm REALLY hoping like 100 don't come :)  Not for any other reason except that Its just going to be too overwhelming to have to be "on" for that many people!!!!!  Budget wise we are OK to have all 428 come, but I just don't want that many people there :)
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Did it cost extra for hand cancelling?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Nope, its the same. Just make sure you weigh your invitations including envelopes before buying postage!

• allis0nmarieallis0nmarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!
  • edited December 2011
    UPDATE:  Yay!!! got the first round of phone calls from guests who received our invitations, and they LOVE them!!!!  We put a lot of hard work and intricate detail into them, and I think they turned out great.

I also asked a friend if hers came crumbled or torn or smudged, and she let me know it was in perfect condition!  PHEW.  With that, I'm officially recommending mailing from the Blue Ash post office!!

EDS, have your invitations arrived in one piece? When is your wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards