May 2011 Weddings

Unpop Op/Flames/Vents/Whatever

Upop Op - While it is sad that D!ck Clark passed away, I can't help but roll my eyes at everyone saying that NYE will never be the same. It hasn't been the same since his stroke in 2004. 

Flame - I flame rschuckman. I wasn't upset with you for saying you would take your kids out of school for Disney World. Many people said that and I wasn't upset with them. Instead what upset me was how much you devalue education and that you are willing to pass that down to your kids. And even with all of that I still wouldn't snub you, but thanks for thinking that I'm that shallow to let one disagreement between you and I in the past 2ish years determine that.
**TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC #1 since December 2011
Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
~*~Everyone is welcome~*~

Re: Unpop Op/Flames/Vents/Whatever

• I had the same reaction about D ick Clark and NYE. I found the 'status updates' on our marriages to be grossly inappropriate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Agreed about D*ck Clark. 

I also think the "checkpoint" questions about our marriages were really weird and unnecessary. I feel like it was just done out of curiosity to see if any of our marriages are going downhill/headed for divorce. 

my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Jay and I were wondering if people would say the same things about Ryan Seacrest when he dies as we said about D!ck Clark.  We both were like: Dear god, I hope not.

I'm trying to think of a flame or vent but I don't have one right now... 
  • I have to vent about my job.  I really do love it, and it's been a great 3 months since I started, but lately with our one consumers behaviours getting out of control I dread going to work. I just can't stand having to worry everyday if she will have a behaviour that gets out of control and she ends up hurting someone again or herself. And they won't do anything about it! All they say is this is her "illness" and it's not going to change. Yet she's never had these kind of behaviours before, so obviously something is changing and they need to figure it out. Obviously I can't go into details, but it's just really irritating that they are doing nothing about it! especially after she hit me the other day. argggghhhh. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree about the marriage updates. I felt like they were just fishing for gossip. I didn't read them but I hope if anyone reported struggling, they found support and that no one used it against them behind their backs.
  • Agreed with the Diick Clark stuff.  I felt like an asshole because it depressed me when I see him on NYE.  It's awesome that he was able to mostly recover after his stroke but it wasn't the same and he was kind of depressing when you were supposed to be celebrating.

I disagree with the flaming of rschuckman (sorry uneek!)  You said something about being rich enough to sh*t money which was a little unnecessary IMO and I can see how she thought you were a little hostile and might "snub" her in the street.  And maybe it's just me but she may have just been searching her mind to name a knottie (rather than doing the cop out like the rest of us did) and you were the first to pop in her mind since you've had a spat recently.  Just my 2 cents.

I flame Knot Julia for not taking me off the mod listserve.  But at least I know that the sorting feature will be fixed at the end of April (or so they say).

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • On the D!ck Clark thing I never cared about him being on NYE. I always watched the local ball drop in Buffalo.

The checkpoints didn't bother me, but that is probably because I didn't have anything "bad" to report. But now that I think about it I can see what you gals are thinking. Light Bulb Moment!

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I forgot I said about sh!tting out money. HAHA
    I'm not saying I wasn't mad. I was. I was just explaining (yeah, it was a flame) that I wasn't mad that she wants to take her future children to Disney World. I also still stand by what I said about her snub. Yeah we had a spat laat week. So what? Since when does having an arguement = I would ignore her?
  • In Response to Re: Unpop Op/Flames/Vents/Whatever:
    I forgot I said about sh!tting out money. HAHA I'm not saying I wasn't mad. I was. I was just explaining (yeah, it was a flame) that I wasn't mad that she wants to take her future children to Disney World. I also still stand by what I said about her snub. Yeah we had a spat laat week. So what? Since when does having an arguement = I would ignore her?
    Posted by uneek1323
    Maybe she thought you were really mad about it--especially with the shiiting money comment and the "I've got to stop reading your posts" with the JVDB gif attached.  I can't speak for her but if that was me, I would think that you really didn't like me and maybe you'd snub me.

I haven't been paying enough attention to know if you've kissed and made up (not saying you have to) but if you haven't had any interaction since, she may think you are still mad.  Again, I'm just guessing since I can't speak for her.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Didn't we do the same kind of check point thread after like 3 or 6 months and no one said anything then. How is it grossly inappropriate, those questions have been asked a million times, dear lord we have had polls on numbers of sex partners, if you use sex toys, have you cheated and who knows what all else.

I think  one person said anything about their struggles, no one was mean and offered lots of support and even some hey I have been there.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I flame Ann Romney comment "Why should women be paid equal to men?" Umm that was a dumb thing to say, especially now that women have the right to vote.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
    Yes we did CM, that's why she brought it out again. Just to see how things have changed. We all agreed DD was ok and not to quote.
    Posted by Beaniebeach
    I tried to find the thread we did at 3 or 6 months but I have the attention span of a squirrel and I gave up! But in looking back at all the things we have talked about and had polls on we have defiantly covered a wide amount of topics!
    Married since 5/21/2011
    I flame Ann Romney comment "Why should women be paid equal to men?" Umm that was a dumb thing to say, especially now that women have the right to vote.
    Posted by degrea
    I am all for standing by your man, but I think she might want to silently stand by her man from now on! She might be worse than Joe Biden, open mouth insert foot!
    Married since 5/21/2011
  • Well I specificially remember people mentioning that they wonder if any of us have gotten divocred yet, and the just days after those types of comments are made these polls are posted?  Right. I think we all knew why they were made. And the polls themselves were alright, because they are anonymous, but the "checkpoint" thread seemed to be more along the lines of fishing for information. 
    my read shelf:
  • Yes we have talked about that type of topic before and they have never been my favorite.  But I keep my mouth shut b/c its none of my business whether people want to talk about their relationship.  And quite frankly I have really enjoyed my 1st yr of marriage and am happy with where H and I are, so its not because I feel singled out or targeted its just my opinion on those topics.

The thing that REALLY rubbed me the wrong way with that series of posts.  It that is was anonamyous (and I had little issue with the polls) and then there was a 'juicy reply' and then it was like ok spill it!  Now again I know no one had to respond and it was their perogative, but that is what gave me the 'OK I need to know so I can gossip' vibe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
    Well I specificially remember people mentioning that they wonder if any of us have gotten divocred yet, and the just days after those types of comments are made these polls are posted?  Right. I think we all knew why they were made. And the polls themselves were alright, because they are anonymous, but the "checkpoint" thread seemed to be more along the lines of fishing for information. 
    Posted by jlq2005
    eye to eye my lady.  eye to eye
    Fred Rogers
  • I guess the marriage posts didn't bother me, especially since they were brought up in the good morning thread, no one said they had a problem with them and everyone agreed to that dd was ok and no quoting.  I guess I didn't feel like they were brought up for gossip purposes, just a sort of check in to see how everyone was doing.  Especially since we don't often bring that kind of stuff up.  Just my opinion.

I already flamed my cousins ridiculous behaviour in the morning thread so I may be out for the day.

It seems like we've been doing these a lot lately.
  • Rschuckman reporting in, haha!

Uneek - I am not mad at you, nor have I ever been!  I know we disagree on the "taking your kids out school issue" but you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.  I did feel that you were a little judgmental - I do not devalue education.  I do not have kids right now so I can't say for sure what I will do when I have kids and when they are actually in school.  Right now, to me, I personally do not think it is a huge deal to take a second grader out of school for a couple of days or up to 5 days (1 school week).  Plenty of people I know that have kids do that once a year or every few years to go to DW in an "off time".  I'm not saying that if everyone jumped off a bridge I would do it, but I guess I feel right now it isn't a big deal.  That is probably the only instance I would take them out.  I believe the other part of my post said "unless they were sick or someone died or was getting married, that they will go to school".  I also believe that if you do take your kids out of school it is up to you/the child to make sure they learn what they're suppose to be learning.  While I was in school, if you missed, it was up to you to catch up.  No teacher ever stayed late. 

I also felt your truancy comments were a little ridiculous.  In the schools around here, a student is allowed to miss 8-10 days a quarter (4 quarters in a school year).  I felt like you were saying I would be a bad parent if I took my kid out of school for a few days.  Also, while WDW is a fun place it is an educational arena.  Just because kids aren't sitting in a classroom, doesn't mean they aren't learning.  Anyhow, we can agree to disagree on the subject.

While I didn't appreciate your comments and thought they were a little harsh ("you must be crazy", I'm going to get thrown in jail for truancy, the money comment...), I took it more of a heat of the moment thing.  For the record, I did feel like you attacked me (whether you meant to or not).  I try and not let things like that bother me (especially Internet conversations).   Nonetheless, just because someone doesn't share the same opinion as you, doesn't mean they are crazy or stupid.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions.    

It's a lot harder to judge someone's emotion over the Internet.  Also, sometimes I am guilty of not always articulating my points in a good way.  I am usually only on the Knot while at work and so I write the first thing that comes to mind and type fast.

I was talking to you the next day on your post about Revenge, which shows I wasn't mad or avoiding you. 

In regards to me saying that you might snub me, I feel that you may have read it wrong/interpreted it wrong: see what I actuallly wrote...

5. Which reg would be most likely to snub you if you saw each other out in public? This question assumes that we would recognize each other.  Hmmm?  Everyone on this board is pretty nice so I doubt anyone would do it purposely.  I'd be happy to meet any of you!  If I had to pick though, I'd say Uneek, because she was mad at me last week for saying I'd take my hypothetical kid out of school to go to Disney World, lol.  I really don't think she would snub me though :)

I said "if I had to pick someone (and was joking about our difference in opinion about taking your kids out of school".  I was trying to make light of the situation. I only picked you because I was answering the question that was asked, "if you had to pick someone".  I followed up with "I don't really think she would snub me".  I didn't really think you were mad at me.  I'm sorry if you interpreted in a way I didn't intend (that's why I put the LOL and smiley face at the end).

Anniversary
    Yes we have talked about that type of topic before and they have never been my favorite.  But I keep my mouth shut b/c its none of my business whether people want to talk about their relationship.  And quite frankly I have really enjoyed my 1st yr of marriage and am happy with where H and I are, so its not because I feel singled out or targeted its just my opinion on those topics. The thing that REALLY rubbed me the wrong way with that series of posts.  It that is was anonamyous (and I had little issue with the polls) and then there was a 'juicy reply' and then it was like ok spill it!  Now again I know no one had to respond and it was their perogative, but that is what gave me the 'OK I need to know so I can gossip' vibe.
    Posted by aggiebug
    We have the same brain today, I think. Totally agree with you on this. 
    my read shelf:
  • ok I am going to and an "I judge" to this therad

And actually its more like a side eye this grooms cake

Part of me is going holy crap the detail is just amazing on that cake.

and the other part is like WHY did they desire a dead duck to be portrayed on their wedding cake???  dead animals just don't ring wedding to me lol.  Now at a NRA meeting or something like that this cake would be awesome.  
    Fred Rogers
  • I guess I missed what the juicy reply was?
    Married since 5/21/2011
  • WOW the detail is amazing on that cake. Not appropriate at my wedding but I could defiantly see it at the Bud and Cameo wedding I went to once. Also the cake looks very yummy, nom, nom!
  • If my cousin's wedding wasn't until June, I'd think it was hers.  Although theirs would be more likely to feature a dead deer than a duck.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • lol degrea I know it!  I am pretty sure there are a lot of grooms out there that would be drooling over this cake.  I just can't find the appeal (for a wedding).  to each their own!
    Fred Rogers
  • Wow, while I can appreciate the detailing on that cake, I don't think it belongs at a wedding.  Although, I can definitely see it on the show "My Big Redneck Wedding"!

Speaking of cakes, DH and I just ordered our 1 year wedding anniversary cake the other day (getting it on May 12th).  Instead of freezing the top layer of our wedding cake our baker is making us a fresh one.  Also, I saved the gum paste sugar flowers from our cake.  I put them in the freezer and they look as good as they did on our wedding day!

Anyone else have plans to eat their top layer or get a new cake for their anniversary?! 

I still can't believe we all have been married almost a year.  Before you know, we'll all be planning vowel renewal ceremonies/parties!
    Anniversary
    The thing that REALLY rubbed me the wrong way with that series of posts.  It that is was anonamyous (and I had little issue with the polls) and then there was a 'juicy reply' and then it was like ok spill it!
    Posted by aggiebug
    That wasn't why I posted the checkpoint. I posted it because I did it around 3 months but then I kept forgetting about it so when I did the other polls, I did one of those too. I probably should have done it in May at one year but I knew I'd probably forget or be busy or whatever. I started the checkpoint immediately after the polls but it took me longer to post it because I was at work and had to deal with work stuff in between.

It's okay with me if you didn't like it but I don't think it's fair to paint me like a nosy b-tch who was just trying to hurt people because that wasn't what happened. I don't really care if that's what you think of me - that's your right - but that isn't what happened.

I did have a reason for asking the questions I did and it was because of personal experience not because I'm trying to hurt anyone. I'd be happy to explain it if anyone's interested but I just wanted to explain my real motivations since they were questioned.
    DD Lea, born 04/21/10
    BFP #4 It's a BOY!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    CP: July 2011
    BFP #3: 11/3/2011 M/C 12/12/11
    We miss you and love you always, little firecrackers!
    In Response to Re: Unpop Op/Flames/Vents/Whatever : That wasn't why I posted the checkpoint. I posted it because I did it around 3 months but then I kept forgetting about it so when I did the other polls, I did one of those too. I probably should have done it in May at one year but I knew I'd probably forget or be busy or whatever. I started the checkpoint immediately after the polls but it took me longer to post it because I was at work and had to deal with work stuff in between. It's okay with me if you didn't like it but I don't think it's fair to paint me like a nosy b-tch who was just trying to hurt people because that wasn't what happened. I don't really care if that's what you think of me - that's your right - but that isn't what happened. I did have a reason for asking the questions I did and it was because of personal experience not because I'm trying to hurt anyone. I'd be happy to explain it if anyone's interested but I just wanted to explain my real motivations since they were questioned.
    Posted by 8daysaweek
    I don't think that anyone here is calling you as a person a nosy bitch, just that's how the post came across. It may not have been intended to be that way, but that is how it seemed. 
    my read shelf:
  • ya, that groom's cake is kind of weird. 

And we have the top layer of our wedding cake frozen in my mom's freezer, so we'll be getting that from her eventually to eat on our anniversary. I hope it tastes as good as it did on our wedding day! Our cake was amazing.
    I'd like to order a small version of our cake someday for like our 5 or 10 year anniversary. I think that would be fun. 
    my read shelf:
  • I would like to flame my mom, I love her dearly but she is the cleanest person I know. I keep things clean but nothing compared to her standards. So I have been busting my butt all day cleaning our house because I have an interview here this afternoon. This led to me taking some stuff to our mud room, which made me get rid of stuff out there and in the garage.

SO she comes by to get some stuff i had for her and she tells me I need to take it easy and rest. Dear lord woman, you are always telling me I need to clean this or that make up your mind!
    Married since 5/21/2011
  • Che_DominiqueChe_Dominique
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Unpop Op/Flames/Vents/Whatever:
    Wow, while I can appreciate the detailing on that cake, I don't think it belongs at a wedding.  Although, I can definitely see it on the show "My Big Redneck Wedding"! Speaking of cakes, DH and I just ordered our 1 year wedding anniversary cake the other day (getting it on May 12th).  Instead of freezing the top layer of our wedding cake our baker is making us a fresh one.  Also, I saved the gum paste sugar flowers from our cake.  I put them in the freezer and they look as good as they did on our wedding day! Anyone else have plans to eat their top layer or get a new cake for their anniversary?!  I still can't believe we all have been married almost a year.  Before you know, we'll all be planning vowel renewal ceremonies/parties!
    Posted by rschuckman
    We froze ours.  We aren't going back to VA for our anniversary so there would be no way for us to pick up a fresh one, unless we went to a local baker here.

And concerning the "checkpoint post," I had no problem with it...especially since we've done it before.  If people seriously had a problem with it, why did they reply to it?  I hope I don't sound mean.

ETA: I forgot to add, I flame Pinterest for the spam they've been having lately.  Someone just tagged me in some weight lost pin.  Booo.
    Married: 5.28.11

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards