Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Intimate family reception ideas

Hey ladies... any ideas for a small, intimate family reception location in May?  We were thinking about a nice restaurant with a river view or something similar.  Budget friendly is always preferable...
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Intimate family reception ideas

• Options
    newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are u expecting?
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Estimating around 50 people
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both the Marriot and Embassy at the Rivercenter in Covington have rooms with views of the city. Not sure about price or quality though.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Montgomery Inn Boathouse. Its on the river and i think the prices are reasonable!
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My wedding and reception are at the Weidemann Hill Mansion in Newport. It overlooks the city. They usually only deal with parties of under 60. It's beautiful and all original except electric (the house is over 100) and the bathroom connected to the kitchen. Good luck!

Another suggestion my dad always gave was the Celestial somewhere downtown. On a hill, lol. I don't know where it is, only that it over looks the city as well,

• Options
    rangergirl18rangergirl18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having <30 people and have rented a patio and private room at Jag's in west chester.  they have various rooms to accomodate different size groups including a wine cellar.  it is all based on a food and beverage minimum so there is no room fee.  you just pay for the food and drinks you consume and as long as you meet that minimum you are good.  plus, you get to customize a menu for your event to give people appetizers, soup/salad up to 4 main courses and 2 desserts.  neither of us are huge cake fans so we are foregoing a wedding cake and offering cheesecake and carrot cake in place.  the event planner laura has been fabulous to work with so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot about Weidemann Hill Mansion.  I attended a wedding there a couple of years ago and the view is breathtaking. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chart House in Newport. friendly staff and it's on the river.

we're getting married next month and having our reception at a Chart House in Florida. last year we had dinner at the Newport location to see whether we liked the place and (obviously) had a great time. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards