Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

dayton alterations

Hi, I have my wedding dress, but It needs to be altered and I have no idea where to go for that.  ANyone have suggestions of someone in the dayton area that is good?

Re: dayton alterations

• Options
    GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    obornknobornkn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

the wedding is oct 7, 2011

• Options
    Michele45419Michele45419 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Stitches by Pauline in Cincinnati and was very happy with them.  Yes, I know it's in Cinci, but I thought she was worth the short drive.
  • Options
    GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to hold off on getting your dress altered right now since your wedding is almost a year out. Wait until about 3 months before the wedding so that the size is just right.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Dee & Gwen Alterations in Miamisburg, Phone (937) 291-3050. I had a 7-pt French Bustle done and bridesmaids dresses altered.
  • Options
    I just left Dee and Gwen's. I walked out. The daughter is a passive aggressive jerk who berated me for an hour over wanting a corset. She made me explain why I wanted it, how I had gained weight in the last year and then tried to give me diet advice!  I kept asking if she just didn't want to do  it or if she couldn't, she would say, " of course I can, I just have to cut here and take it in here or make a loop there..." I don't know what any of that means, of course you have to cut it! You alter dresses for God's sake! Stop muttering and be up front CAN YOU or CAN YOU NOT add a corset. At one point I asked if it was about money and offered her more. She seemed willing then. 
    I finally gave in and said never mind and the she called me a problem child and said I was lucky she let me come over at all! 
     At that point I started crying, picked up my hem and told her I was leaving. 
    I have spent 15 years in the service industry, I am not some rich young bride, I'm not fat and I am not a problem child. People can be really condescending to brides but she was the worst yet. She made me feel awful!
    Do not give this woman your money. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards