May 2011 Weddings

to all the newbies!

first Welcome :)  I am the mod for the board so if you have any concerns page me and I will answer.  This board is a little slow, but it is gradually picking up the pace.  feel free to ask questions or talk about anything it doesn't have to be wedding related.We have a May11 knottie blog (a link is in my siggy or in the very top post of the board)  If you would like to have an entry with your info just page me on here (title a thread with my screenname) and I will be glad to add it!  Pictures are great, but if you do add them please give the proper credit!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
Fred Rogers

Re: to all the newbies!

• Hi Aggiebug New May 2011 bride here. Just starting to dip by toe into the wedding planning pool. Last week I thought 1.5 yrs was a long time, boy was I wrong. There's sooooo much to do. Anyway, would love to join the group. Here's our info...just followed the format used by others. About Us- Bride - Beansugar Groom - Al Engagement - September 24, 2009 Hometown - Toronto, ON, CAN Wedding Stuff - Date - May 14, 2011 Colors - Still deciding Ceremony Site - Not chosen Reception Site - See above Honeymoon - somewhere warm and sunny. Dress - haven't started looking yet. Cake - 2-3 tiers chocolate and vanilla
  • Its up! and welcome to the board.  If you ever want to add anything to your post just let me know :)    
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Glad to meet you Aggiebug!  My name is Missie and I'm marrying Greg.  I just started following your blog - I'm DeathByChocolateMartini. :)
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    image image image
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Hi ! I'm another May bride-to-be and, although 18 months sounds like forever, every new thing feels a bit overwhelming to me. Thankfully, my fiance is really excited and really getting in to doing every little thing with me. We've already started the guest list, scouted some reception sites and talked about colors and cakes. He really keeps me grounded because whereas everything overwhlems me, everything just makes him more excited. I'm a little worried about a spring wedding - I'm on the east coast, MD/PA area and I just feel like I'm tempting fate planning a wedding for the rainiest seasons of the year. I'm also worried that my first wedding color choice - deep, vibrant purple might be too dark for a spring weddin - it seems like everyone else has bright or pastel colors. My sister and my girl friends are really pumped, which is nice, but I can't seem to shake off the fear that I need to do everything 'properly' but I don't really know what that is and how to do it in a way that is true to us and to our budget. Anyway, I'm excited and could use any advice you all have to offer! Thanks!!
  • Hi Aggiebug,I just wanted to post some info about me, my fiance, and our wedding for your May blog.I'm Samantha and my fiance is Matthew.We are hoping for May 7th, 2011, but waiting to finalize with the church and pastor.We are in PA.I'm thinking of purples for the color palate, centered around a deep royal purple and other lighter colors for accents.We're hoping for a reception in Hershey PAOur first song, "You're my home" Billy JoelHoneymoon, somewhere warm and sunny.Hmm, I guess that's all I know for now. Thanks!
  • Hi AggiebugI'd like to update my bio for the blog, please/ thank you.Bride - Michele Groom - Al Engagement - September 24, 2009 Hometown - Toronto, ON, CAN Wedding Stuff - Date - May 14, 2011 Colors - Silver  & Champaign (hints of other colours TBD)Ceremony Site - Not chosen Reception Site - See above Honeymoon - somewhere warm and sunny. Dress - Found IT. A San Patrick strapless beauty.Cake - 2-3 tiers chocolate and vanilla
  • Hey Aggiebug: I am a another May 2011 bride and I would love to join the group. Here's my information.  Bride - Kelli (kelli176) Groom - ChuckEngagement - December 31st, 2008Hometown - Mahopac, NY Wedding Stuff - Date - May 14th, 2011 Colors - Latte (light brown), Champagne, still needing a "Pop" colorCeremony Site & Reception Site - Holiday Inn, Mount Kisc, NY Honeymoon - Oahu or Maui - still haven't decided yet.Dress - Beautiful ivory lace A-line. I LOVE IT!!Cake - Not sure yet, but something a little different. Thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards