May 2011 Weddings

Engagement Photos

Has anyone gotten theirs yet? We are going this weekend and I couldn't be more excited! On the contrary, I am a bit frustrated with everyone's reactions when they ask how the wedding planning is coming along. I say fine and that we were getting our photos this weekend. Then (my coworkers are who I'm referring to), look at me like I'm crazy, being that our wedding is so far off. I am getting a bit tired of the strange looks and the explanations I have to give afterwords. Anyone else experiencing some flack out there for waiting so long to get married and is it really too soon for engagement photos?  We've been engaged for four months. 

Re: Engagement Photos

• YAY for Epics :) I am going to talk to a photog tonight actually because I want to get someone booked but I also want epics for this Christmas if I get them at all.  and I am getting the same kinda flack!  Mine was from a classmate of mine who knows exactly why I am waiting to get married and she made some offhand comment about this being ridiculously early to take pics.    How many outfits are you doing? I can't wait to see some pics :)enjoy this weekend!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • I know your pain maria1012.... My FI and I have been engaged now for almost a year ( he proposed Nov. 20th '08) and we are catching so much flack and snickers because of our distant wedding date (May 28th 2011). We are both Juniors in college and want to be graduated before we say the vows. Don't worry...you are not alone in your frustration. I cant wait until the year mark so people will stop giving us these dumb reactions. Congratulations, and Happy Planning!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im completely with you on this one. My fiance and I became engaged a couple of weeks ago. We started planning from day 2 of our engagement. We have booked a venue and some people we know think its crazy when its 19months away. I just smile and say we love being organised and it keeps the excitement going. We brides to be dont need the approval of other people, as long as your and your FI are happy in love thats all that matters :)
  • We were engaged on July 25th and had our engagement pictures done in August (I wanted them outside while it was still 'green' out and we live in MA so our leaves start changing in Sept.).  No one said anything to us about doing them so early but I don't think we really mentioned it to anyone.  Have fun!!!  And make a list of all possible shots you want so you don't miss anything :-)
  • We got engaged in April at the beach and actually had some professional e pics taken that same week. I thought it would be cute to have them were we got engaged. We are also having a friend take some pics around our hometown. Have fun getting your pics :-) and try not to worry about other ppl's opinions. We are waiting to get married until I'm done with grad school but most ppl are understanding and think it is a good idea. But when we started looking at venues we got some negative reactions.
  • I love all this encouragement :) Thanks for the epics ideas too. I cannot wait!
  • how did it go? when do we get to see pictures!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards