May 2011 Weddings

Insanity vs 30 Day Shred

Any of you girls try these videos or something them. Comments??

I am thinking of ordering 30 Day Shred. It has good reviews and something I can do at home. I feel like people are looking at me at the gym. I know I am weird. 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller

Re: Insanity vs 30 Day Shred

• My husband just started the Insanity.  It's intense.  He's going from inactive to this and keeps complaining that he thinks he looks silly and he can't keep up. 
    They say several times to take it at your pace and take breaks when you need them.

So far he likes it.  I told him I would start it with him next week.

The at home part it really nice.  No looking silly in public and if you need a break you don't feel like people are judging.  I know that shouldn't be an issue, but for me it is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Degrea- My H gets severe anxiety about going to the gym, he is always worried people are watching him or judging him. I have no experiance on either of those but thought I would share that he gets nervous too!
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Well thanks girls! I never loved the gym but since I put weight on I feel a lot more self conscious. Like people are thinking keep pumping you have a long way to go.  
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I did 30 day shred for 2 days lol. It is crazy and far too challenging for a person like me who is out of shape. It was a great workout tho.
    I am married to my best friend, my soulmate, my fence post.
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Insanity is awesome, but it's high impact (I've never had problems with my knees, and I had to take a couple days off due to knee pain) and crazy intense.  I'd probably start with 30 Day Shred unless you're already in really good shape.  But it's definitely great and it's nice because once you go through it once, you can do it over because you do go at your own pace, so you can always up the intensity.  It will never be "too easy."

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • We've both done Insanity. Its intense, but I love it. I have a big crush on Shaun T haha
    Jordan did it religiously last summer and got all ripped and sexy! Now we both use it several times a week in addition to gym and running. Never tried 30 Day Shred, but I've heard good things

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • Well thanks girls! I am going to order 30 Day Shred. Insantity sounds a little too insane for me. As I am really out of shape.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards