Ohio-Cincinnati

St. Elizabeth in Norwood

Anyone been to St. Elizabeth in Norwood for a reception? It is an old church that can be rented out for receptions, etc. and looks neat. Just looking for some feedback! Thanks!

Re: St. Elizabeth in Norwood

• emmmbeeeemmmbeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using it for my May wedding - for the ceremony and reception!  It's such a beautiful venue.  My fiance and I walked in and instantly looked at one another and said, "Yeah, this is the place."

It's only $500 to rent with an additional $100 security deposit.  Everything is DIY (including the table/chair set up) but they will tear down for you and keep the $100 deposit for clean-up if that's what you prefer.  You get the entire venue for your event for two full days - that includes the day before the wedding for set up and rehearsal.  Even though it's a church, they allow you to bring in alcohol. 

The only disadvantage I can see is that they are a bit informal about the entire rental process.  They have no contract to sign and sometimes they are a little hard to get a hold of, but I'm sure that's because their staff is all volunteers.  It doesn't bother me at all, but I can see that being a problem for a really buttoned-up type of bride.

If you haven't actually been to the place yet, you can check out a bunch of pictures people have uploaded of it on Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=st+elizabeth+norwood
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I went to look at the place on Thursday and my fiance and I pretty much did the same thing.... walked in and went YEP this is it. Since I haven't actually booked yet I only know that it is a $100 deposit, but I didn't know that you didn't actually sign anything... kindof odd, but I hope no issues come of that. If you don't mind, I may keep in contact with you and ask how things went after your big day (and maybe if you have any tips for the place). I feel pretty lucky to have found such a great place and a great deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards