Ohio-Cincinnati

Caterers?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me decide between caterers for our wedding next year.  We are deciding between Funky's and Jeff Thomas. A third option is Eatwell, but they are probably out of our price range. Funky's hasn't been great about getting back to us, but they are cheaper than Jeff Thomas. Both have yummy menus (although I haven't actually tasted either.)

Does anyone have experience with these places?

Thank you!

Re: Caterers?

• edited December 2011
    The only one of those 3 I've ever had is Funky's. I've been to 2 different weddings that used them and their food is excellent. I would definitely recommend using them.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    I didn't have a great experience with Jeff Thomas.  We didn't end up using him, but I can't recommend him.
  • meggo81meggo81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went back and forth between EatWell and Jeff Thomas. I actually found EatWell to cost less than Jeff Thomas in the end. 
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Funky's - we looked at the other two also.  I assume you're getting married at the CAC?  You're right about Funky's not getting back to you promptly.  We had a conversation with Jerin about that and since then he's been good at getting back to us or making sure someone else does.  They hired a girl to help out and she has been more prompt in returning phone calls, emails, etc.  Their menu options were much more interesting than Jeff Thomas in my opinion.  I would definitely recommend Funky's but would also recommend that you are clear upfront about what your expectations for communication are so they get back to you ASAP. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Hi I was wondering what your experience was? I have run into an issue with JT and am curious how to handle it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards