Ohio-Cincinnati

Vendor reviews- 10/21/2011- PIP

First of all, our weddiing day was amazing! Everything went perfectly, and I wouldn't change it for anything!

Dress- Bridal & Formal: A
Found my wedding dress on the 1st visit; 2nd dress I tried on.  Cynthia was my consultant, and I really don't have anything bad to say.  Yes you don't get 'personalized' service, and I found their store to be a bit overwhelming, but other than that, everything went fine.

Bridesmaids dresses- David's Bridal: A
No real issues with them either.  Everything was delivered in a very timely manner, and all the dresses were the right size, style and color.

Tuxes- Men's Warehouse: B
Eh- not a fan of them.  H's pants were HUGE, and there is no way they fit him property during the fitting. He ended up wearing a pair of his own dress pants. Other than that, everything seemed to be fine. 

Cake- The Flying Buttercream: A
AMAZING!  The cake was pretty (although not the design we had discussed), and tasted amazing.  We had the white with raspberry filling, and the chocolate with peanut butter, and both got rave reviews from our guests.  Such a bummer she is not doing weddings anymore!

DJ- Queen City Dj's: A++++
Brad Berry was our DJ.  He did an incredible job.  I had picked some different arrangments for the processional songs, and was able to email them to him in an MP3, and it sounded great.  He was great during the planning process, and on the actual wedding day, asked H and I if we needed anything, drinks, etc, which I totally was not expecting.  I can't say enough good things about him!

Officiant- Bill Proud: A+++++
We loved him!  He was recommended by the Bell Centre, and he did an amazing job! So friendly, and we were able to completely personalize our ceremony.  Once again, I can't say enough good things about him.

Day of Coordinator: Margaret Alexander: A+++
I'm biased because I know her personally, but she is amazing.  I don't know what I would have done without her there.  She ran everything smoothly, on time, and made sure we had everything we needed.

Venue- The Bell Event Centre: A+++++++++++
WOW! This place is top notch!  Everyone raved about the food and the service, and for a Friday evening, it was very affordable.  It was worth every penny that we spent. We had everything there; ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception.  I can't imagine a better place, and they truly go above and beyond to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Photographer- Wedding Photography by Tammy Bryan: A+++
Tammy and her 2nd shooter Tom are fantastic! They did our engagment pictures, which turned out beautiful, as well.  Tom sets up a live photo booth after dinner at the reception, and it was a HUGE hit.  Can't say enough good things about them, and they are very well priced, especially for as much as you get. LOVE them!

Airbrush Tan- My Tandemonium: A+
The tan turned out great- no complains, and at a good price, too. The tan is fading kind of weird, but that's not their fault.

Makeup- Diana Varga- A+++
Diana is amazing! She did the makeup for all of my bridesmaids and myself, and everyone looked gorgeous! She is SO affordable, and does an incredible job!

Hair- Heather Hopewell @ Salon Concepts- A++++
I've gone to heather for my hair for the last 8 years, and she never fails to amaze me.  My hair is very fine, and yet she somehow always manages to make me look amazing!  Love her!

I think that's it! No professional pics yet, but here are some that my friends took, and my sister />

Wedding Countdown Ticker
186 invitedimage 153 are ready to party!image 33 are missing outimage
RSVP date September 28

Re: Vendor reviews- 10/21/2011- PIP

• hcohen0222hcohen0222 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops, forgot some people:

Florist- Two Little Buds- A++
    Another amazing vendor!  They are SO affordable, and the flowers looked amazing!

My bouquet:

Alterations: Lori Schur- A+++

SO happy that I read about her on The Knot.  She is one of the most talented people I've met, and the nicest.  She only charged me $75 and did a ridiculous amount of work on my dress.  It fit like a glove!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP date September 28
  • edited December 2011
    You look beautiful! Congrats on your day!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    OOO  your flowers are amazing!  Congratulations on getting married!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge: Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! It looks so beautiful!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations & thanks for the reviews! Sounds like it was a beautiful day :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful. :) Looks like everything went well for you.

EDIT: If you don't mind me asking, what did the DJ service cost? They quoted me about 700 starting and up from there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hcohen0222hcohen0222 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Queen City  Dj cost $800, BUT that included all the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and a 4 hour reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP date September 28
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. That's not bad at all - we don't really need ceremony music and we don't have a cocktail hour - so I can't see our package for an afternoon wedding being much more than that. Great to know. Thanks. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards