May 2011 Weddings

Moving my date...

Hi Ladies! I've been a member of the knot for a while now. I got engaged on July 20th, 2009. We planned our wedding for Sept. 4th, 2010 (about 14 month engagement) Since then my FI & I have had a falling out w/his parents & my parents who were funding the entire wedding wont be able to give the original amount we thought. Between the family fued & funding I think we will be moving our date to May 2011. It feels so far away yet at the same time (money wise) I wonder if 8or 9 more months will give us the funds we need to have the wedding we are dreaming of. Any one else going through this/had this happen? THANKS!

Re: Moving my date...

• mgoss228mgoss228
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2009
    FI and I chose to wait until May '11 mainly to be able to save up for the wedding.  We haven't asked our parents, or grandparents, yet about any financial help.  I think we are going to bring up the subject over Christmas/New Years.

We have a certain budget in mind for the wedding, and we will take away from our budget whatever amount we receive from our families and put that towards our honeymoon.

And if there isn't much money put into the "honeymoon" budget, we will go on a "mini-moon," and save up for a nicer 1 year anniversary trip.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards