May 2011 Weddings

Hi friends

I actually won't stay much longer as we are heading into DC in about an hour to go to Aggie Muster.  But I just wanted to see how my favorite ladies are doing?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
Fred Rogers

Re: Hi friends

• We just bought lumber for our roll away pantry and H is cutting it to size. So excited to finally get this project started so my pantry doesn't have to be a card board box!
    Laughing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Hi Aggie!  It's super nice and sunny here, but pretty chilly. My H went to DJ a wedding so I have the rest of the day/night to myself to study :( I'm making lasagna too so H has something to eat this week when I"m gone.  Maybe I'll get ambitious and bake someting too :)

What's Aggie Muster?
  • aggiebugaggiebug
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    It was pretty here too, but warmer than you its in the low 80s right now.  eep.

Bummer you have the night to yourself. Esp with you leaving for the week!  

I love lasagana. Love it.  maybe that means I should make it every once in a while? haha.  I think its one of those dishes that I love my mom's so much I don't even want to try. so silly.  Whatcha thinkin about bakin?

and I made it clicky in the first post.  But bascially it is a very special Aggie tradition.  As the saying goes “If there is an A&M man in one hundred miles of you, you are expected to get together, eat a little, and live over the days you spent at the A&M College of Texas.”

And while there are a lot of joyous festivities surrounding Muster, it is also where we celebrate the lives of current and form students who have passed away this last year.  

It one of my absolute favorite A&M traditions.   

There are musters held all over the world on April 21st.  My BIL actually put one together in South Korea last night. 

ETA (Clicky)  this link I think has more history that A&M's site does.  
    Fred Rogers
  • *Waves from behind the computer*

Taking a short break from cleaning/chores. I got most of what I wanted to get done today. We were able to get cheap tickets for the play. We're heading out soon to have dinner in downtown Minneapolis then the play.

Aggie - Have fun! I wish my school did something like that. As far as I know there's nothing like that for any of the schools I went to.
  • Yay for a productive Saturday followed but an awesome evening out.  Sounds perfect :o)

That doesn't surprise me Klassy A&M has some very unique traditions this definitely being one of them.  I do not know of another school that has anything similar to Muster.  
    Fred Rogers
  • Hey :)

I've been doing a lot of sewing today.

In humorous/horriying news, my cousin (who is getting married in June) has apparently applied to be on Bridezillas.  They sent her an email a few days ago saying she made it to the next round of casting.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Alex! You have GOT to let us know what comes of that!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Oh, belive me, I will.  

It's going to be interesting no matter what...she just turned 22, just had her second kid a few weeks ago and has the biggest temper in my very Irish family (like, when she was in middle school, she and her little brother got in an argument...she got mad and pushed him through the bay window).  Plus they're having a camo-themed wedding.  We got the invite last week.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • See, that's the thing I don't get. When you are of the bridezilla fashion, how do you know it? Sure, we can look at bridezilla behavior and say yeah, that's definitely over the top bossiness and bitchiness. But when you are the one acting like that and you think you're acting like a bridezilla so much that you apply to be on the show that makes fun of that kind of behavior, 1) Why would you set yourself up for that humiliation (attention, I guess?) and 2) Why wouldn't you do what you can to change your behaviors? 

I can think of one time during the wedding planning process, where I over-reacted. I look back on that and I'm embarrassed that I acted like such a brat. I couldn't imagine acting like that over everything and then wanting to put it on TV.
  • In Response to Re: Hi friends:
    See, that's the thing I don't get. When you are of the bridezilla fashion, how do you know it? Sure, we can look at bridezilla behavior and say yeah, that's definitely over the top bossiness and bitchiness. But when you are the one acting like that and you think you're acting like a bridezilla so much that you apply to be on the show that makes fun of that kind of behavior, 1) Why would you set yourself up for that humiliation (attention, I guess?) and 2) Why wouldn't you do what you can to change your behaviors?  I can think of one time during the wedding planning process, where I over-reacted. I look back on that and I'm embarrassed that I acted like such a brat. I couldn't imagine acting like that over everything and then wanting to put it on TV.
    Posted by uneek1323
    I wonder the same thing.  I think it would be embarrassing to be on Bridezillas. I wouldn't want everyone I know seeing me throw tantrums like a two-year-old.  But I think you're right (in my cousin's case, at least) that it's for attention.  Pretty much everyone in my family is an attention whore to some extent (myself included), some of us moreso than others.

I don't know if Bridezillas pays you to be on or not (I'm guessing maybe yes?), but I know she and her FI are in the process of buying a house, so maybe that could have something to do with it too, I guess.
  • Sorry Aggs, I left to study! That is such a cool tradition. We have Natl. Marquette Day, but it's nothing like that. Just a day we usually have a bball game w/lots of watching parties.

@Ale-you HAVE to tell us if she ends up being cast.  Also, you must link to any pictures of the camo wedding!
  • In Response to Re: Hi friends:
    It was pretty here too, but warmer than you its in the low 80s right now.  eep. Bummer you have the night to yourself. Esp with you leaving for the week!   I love lasagana. Love it.  maybe that means I should make it every once in a while? haha.  I think its one of those dishes that I love my mom's so much I don't even want to try. so silly.  Whatcha thinkin about bakin? and I made it clicky in the first post.  But bascially it is a very special Aggie tradition.  As the saying goes  “If there is an A&M man in one hundred miles of you, you are expected to get together, eat a little, and live over the days you spent at the A&M College of Texas.” And while there are a lot of joyous festivities surrounding Muster, it is also where we celebrate the lives of current and form students who have passed away this last year.   It one of my absolute favorite A&M traditions.    There are musters held all over the world on April 21st.  My BIL actually put one together in South Korea last night.  ETA  (Clicky)   this link I think has more history that A&M's site does.  
    Posted by aggiebug
    No baking :( Just got the lasagna ready, made some dinner and now back to studying!
  • Sorry ladies, it looks like she won't be on due to scheduling conflicts.  They film for a week and told her she needed to move her wedding or not go on her honeymoon in order to fit the filming schedule.  They've already paid for the HM, so told them she couldn't do it.

I'm kind of sad now.
  • Hellooooo.
    DH and I went mattress shopping today. We found the most amazing mattress ever. The furniture store we found it at is offering 4 years interest free financing through the weekend, so we've decided to go back tomorrow to get it. We're going to upgrade to a king sized bed, too. We're pretty excited. 

Alex - Kind of bummed about your cousin, that would have been really funny.  DH's one cousin got married last June, and apparently she had also auditioned to be on Bridezilla's. She went so far as to have a face-to-face meeting with them I guess, but eneded up not being picked. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Well, at least I can say I know someone whose cousin was almost on Bridezilla.
  • I think I read somewhere that they pay you like 5k to be on bridezilla. I watched a marathon one time which got me to wondering why on earth people would do that so I googled it.
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards