May 2011 Weddings

Your opinions please

LINK

CN dad of austic boy places a recording device in his pocket and caught some inappropraite stuff on tape.

I think we can all agree that how the teacher acted was wrong, and I am glad that action was finally taken to help that boy and the others in his class.  But I would hate the thought that someone was recording me without my knowledge.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
Fred Rogers

Re: Your opinions please

• I watched this last night. I found it very interesting and disturbing. I wonder if that is why the teacher wasn't fired because she was recorded with out her knowledge. That whole thing is heart breaking!

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I wouldn't be recorded either.  It couldn't be used in court, as they were not told they were being recorded.  

I have also turned teachers in b/c of things they said and did in classrooms with children with autism.  Pretty shocking really.  
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • Well at the end it says some sates its perfectly legal to recod someone without their knowledge.  I didn't know if it still help up on court. Tat seems weird to me

It just makes me so sad NCV :( This wasn't just one student with a disability in a regular classroom (not that it matters, but not everyone is good with every disability)  But this was a class room of special needs kids taught by special ed teachers.  If you can't handle them don't teach them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • There is no link in your "link".  :(
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My opinion.

Don't do stuff that you would be ashamed for the world to know.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • In Response to Re: Your opinions please:
    My opinion. Don't do stuff that you would be ashamed for the world to know.
    Posted by Monolayth3
    Ok I never ever would treat an animal poorly, or do somthing to the animal I would not be comfortable doing in front of an owner.  BUT that does not mean I feel comfortable being taped.  
    I do have personal conversations with my coworkers while we are tending to patients that is none of my clients business.  For example If I said to my coworker- whom I consider a close friend- 'that my cramps were killing me today'  that is something I am ok with my friend knowing but  I would be horrified to think that someone would hear that because I didn't know their dog was "bugged".  
    Fred Rogers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards